Engineering Company of the Year, West Coast 2014
Awarded to: TJ Cross Engineers, Inc.
Oil & Gas Awards Judges Comments
“TJ Cross Engineers, Inc. have demonstrated to be a well-rounded engineering company. Their creativity and innovative way of finding efficient solutions for their clients, their impressive safety record, and their efforts of educating the public on Oilfield Basic and Process Safety Management makes them worthy of winning the Engineering Company of the Year Award.”
“A reliable and growing company who is currently ranked 2nd in the California petroleum sector in the Engineering News Report’s “Top 500 Design Firms.”
TJ Cross Engineers, Inc. – Corporate Overview
T.J. Cross Engineers, Inc. was formed in December 1990 as a California corporation. Our firm is currently a privately held company owned by Lisa Wong, Tim Couch, Stuart Heisler, Kent Halley, Chuck Soderstrom, and Myrna Buenviaje.
The professional staff at TJ Cross has a wide variety of experience in heavy industry with an emphasis on petroleum-related fields, alternate energy, and power generation. Most of our management team began their careers at operating companies and, therefore, are able to provide diverse, workable and cost-effective solutions to our operating clients. We apply lean enterprise principles and practices to both our internal processes and client work activities to cut waste and improve accuracy.
We provide services that include project management, cost estimates, scheduling, material take-offs, studies, assessments through analytical methods/statistical process control, field investigation, design development, specifications, construction drawings, construction support, construction management, land surveying, start-up, operating manuals, and data books, to name some. These services have been provided for new plants as well as the rehabilitation, renovation, upgrade, repair, and expansion of existing facilities and operations. We have been an ENR Top 500 Design Firm since 2008, rising to the rank of #2 in California’s Petroleum Sector in 2014.
West Coast 2014 Winners
- Award for Drilling Excellence - Baker Hughes
- Award for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility - E&B Natural Resources Management Corporation
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Ensign United States Drilling (California) Inc.
- Construction Company of the Year - EIU of California Inc.
- Consultancy of the Year - Roberts Companies
- E&P Company of the Year - Signal Hill Petroleum
- Engineering Company of the Year - TJ Cross Engineers, Inc.
- Future Industry Leader - Robert Murphy - Chevron
- General Industry Service Award - Tachyus
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Metal Supply, Inc.
- Kenworth Truck Company Oilfield Services Company of the Year - Halliburton
- Manufacturer of the Year - Hawk Industries
- MTS Solutions Industry Leader - Steve Layton - E&B Natural Resources Management Corporation
- New Technology Development of the Year Award - Clearsign Combustion Corporation
- VZ Environmental Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship - Preferred Sands
- Water Management Company of the Year - Water Planet Engineering