Environmental Initiative of the Year by a Service Provider, West Coast 2013
Awarded to: Baker Hughes
Oil & Gas Awards Judges Comments
“Inefficient buildings are the biggest fixed energy hogs. I love projects like this that reduce a company’s footprint.”
“One of the most innovative of the major service companies. The example of the alternative energy fuel cell is proof of their commitment to maintaining the ability to generate electricity while mitigating the emissions found in other means of power provision.”
Baker Hughes Incorporated – Corporate Overview
Baker Hughes Incorporated (NYSE: BHI) is an oilfield service company that was founded in 1986 with the merger of Baker International and the Hughes Tool Company. With 58,000-plus employees in more than 80 countries, we specialize in delivering wellbore related products and services that assist oil and gas operators optimize the performance of their reservoirs. Baker Hughes provides products and services for directional drilling and the evaluation of oil and gas wells; geological formation evaluations; the completion, intervention and production of oil and gas wells; the fluids and chemicals used in drilling for oil and gas wells and producing hydrocarbons; reservoir technology; and consulting to the international oil and natural gas industry.
The corporate culture and business strategy at Baker Hughes is based upon a set of Core Values, Keys to Success priorities, and a compliance program that guides decision-making and corporate direction. The Core Values are: Integrity, Teamwork, Performance, and Learning. These values provide the organizational foundation and build upon our dedication to be responsible corporate citizens that are committed to protect the health and safety of people and the environment, diversify our workforce, relentlessly pursue success, and comply with laws, regulations and company policies. The four Keys to Success priorities are: Engage People, Deliver Value, Be Cost Efficient, and Resource Effectively.
West Coast 2013 Winners
- Construction Company of the Year - The Source Group, Inc.
- Corporate Consultancy of the Year - Brown Armstrong Certified Public Accountants
- Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative of the Year - Signal Hill Petroleum, Inc
- Drilling Company of the Year - Kenai Drilling
- E&P Company of the Year - Hathaway, LLC
- Engineering Company of the Year, Inc. - TJ Cross Engineers, Inc.
- Environmental Initiative of the Year by a Service Provider - Baker Hughes
- Environmental Initiative of the Year by an E&P Company - E&B Natural Resources Management Corporation
- Geophysical Company of the Year - NodalSeismic, LLC
- Health & Safety Initiative of the Year - Sage Environmental Consulting L.P.
- Industry Supplier of the Year - J.D. Rush Company, Inc.
- Law Firm of the Year - Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Manufacturer of the Year - Celanese
- Oil & Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - Freeport McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc.
- Oilfield Service Company of the Year - Halliburton
- Operational Consultancy of the Year - Total Safety
- Risk Management Provider of the Year - Commercial Global Insurance Services of California, LLC
- Trucking Company of the Year - Gazelle Transportation, Inc.