Engineering Company of the Year, Inc., West Coast 2013
Awarded to: TJ Cross Engineers, Inc.
Oil & Gas Awards Judges Comments
“A broad range of project experience and dedication to their work. What separated TJ Cross from the others was the pure joy they seem to put into the application (I loved the employee poll on why they liked to work there). They also seem to take pride in their excellent on-site safety record.”
“TJ Cross has been involved in environmentally focused projects in CA and around the world. It has a success rate of over 90% in completing and delivering projects on time.”
TJ Cross Engineers, Inc. – Corporate Overview
TJ Cross Engineers, Inc. was formed in December 1990 as a California corporation. Our firm is currently a privately held company owned by Lisa Wong, Tim Couch, Stuart Heisler, Kent Halley, Chuck Soderstrom, and Myrna Buenviaje.
The professional staff at TJ Cross has a wide variety of experience in heavy industry with an emphasis on petroleum-related fields, alternate energy, and power generation. Most of our management team began their careers at operating companies and, therefore, are able to provide diverse, workable and cost-effective solutions to our operating clients. We apply lean enterprise principles and practices to both our internal processes and client work activities to cut waste and improve accuracy.
We provide services to include project management, cost estimates, scheduling, material take-offs, studies, assessments through analytical methods/statistical process control, field investigation, design development, specifications, construction drawings, construction support, construction management, land surveying, start-up, operating manuals, and data books, to name some. These services have been provided for new plants as well as the rehabilitation, renovation, upgrade, repair, and expansion of existing facilities and operations. We have been an ENR Top 500 Design Firm since 2008, rising to the rank of 287 in 2013.
West Coast 2013 Winners
- Construction Company of the Year - The Source Group, Inc.
- Corporate Consultancy of the Year - Brown Armstrong Certified Public Accountants
- Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative of the Year - Signal Hill Petroleum, Inc
- Drilling Company of the Year - Kenai Drilling
- E&P Company of the Year - Hathaway, LLC
- Engineering Company of the Year, Inc. - TJ Cross Engineers, Inc.
- Environmental Initiative of the Year by a Service Provider - Baker Hughes
- Environmental Initiative of the Year by an E&P Company - E&B Natural Resources Management Corporation
- Geophysical Company of the Year - NodalSeismic, LLC
- Health & Safety Initiative of the Year - Sage Environmental Consulting L.P.
- Industry Supplier of the Year - J.D. Rush Company, Inc.
- Law Firm of the Year - Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Manufacturer of the Year - Celanese
- Oil & Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - Freeport McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc.
- Oilfield Service Company of the Year - Halliburton
- Operational Consultancy of the Year - Total Safety
- Risk Management Provider of the Year - Commercial Global Insurance Services of California, LLC
- Trucking Company of the Year - Gazelle Transportation, Inc.