Themark Corporation E&P Company of the Year, Texas 2016
Awarded to: Occidental Petroleum Corporation
“Now one of the biggest if not the biggest operators in the Permian, also have one of the best reputations, their entry highlighted some amazing statistics.”
“Well know leaders in EOR, which has never been so important as it is in the current market. It makes you wonder how other operators would perform if they had access to the same R&D.”
Occidental Petroleum Corporation – Corporate Overview
Occidental Petroleum Corporation is an international oil and gas exploration and production company with operations in the United States, Middle East and Latin America. Headquartered in Houston, Occidental is the third-largest U.S. oil and gas company, based on equity market capitalization.
Occidental’s midstream and marketing segment gathers, processes, transports, stores, purchases and markets hydrocarbons and other commodities. The company’s wholly owned subsidiary OxyChem manufactures and markets basic chemicals and vinyls.
The Permian Basin of West Texas and southeast New Mexico is home to Occidental’s domestic core assets. Occidental, with nearly 5.4 million gross developed and undeveloped acres in the Permian Basin, is the largest operator and producer of oil as well as the largest injector of carbon dioxide (CO2). Occidental is an industry leader in applying CO2 enhanced oil recovery technology with 31 active floods and 40 years of experience.
Occidental’s Permian Resources business represents a key growth engine for the company and is focused on developing and producing unconventional shale plays using horizontal drilling techniques.
Texas 2016 Winners
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Operational - Total Safety
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Product - Enviro Vat
- Construction Company of the Year - Repcon, Inc.
- Consultancy of the Year - Applied Consultants
- Engineering Company of the Year - Landpoint, LLC
- General Industry Service Award - Well Master Corporation
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Sandbags, LLC
- Kerr Pumps & FlowValve Award for Excellence in Well Completion - C&J Energy Services
- Law Firm of the Year - Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- Manufacturer of the Year - Energy Recovery, Inc.
- Midstream Company of the Year - Enbridge Inc.
- New Technology Development of the Year Award - Blackhawk Specialty Tolls, LLC
- Oilfield Services Company of the Year - ENSERVCO Corporation
- PR Newswire Award for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility - Apache Corporation
- Recruitment Agency of the Year - Airswift
- The Global Edge Consultants Future Industry Leader - Shawn R. Hailey - Line Quest, LLC
- The Oil & Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - Noble Energy
- Themark Corporation E&P Company of the Year - Occidental Petroleum Corporation
- Trucking Company of the Year - GM Oilfield & Trucking Services, LLC
- VZ Environmental Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship - Sand X
- Water Management Company of the Year - APATEQ
- Workforce Housing Provider of the Year - Eagle Ford Shale Housing