Themark Corporation E&P Company of the Year, Southwest 2015
Awarded to: Occidental Petroleum Corporation
“Oxy have shown a commitment to maintain production amid low oil prices and their Permian EOR business units remain profitable. Enviable positions in the major plays in the region and growing considerably.”
“The standout candidate. A combination of solid, profitable operation around the $30 dollar price point in the Permian using EOR techniques and CO2 flooding business units; an acquisition of another 100,000 acres and numerous accolades already bestowed on the company for it’s corporate stewardship set OXY apart.”
Occidental Petroleum Corporation – Corporate Overview
Occidental Petroleum Corporation is an international oil and gas exploration and production company with operations in the United States, Middle East region and Latin America. Headquartered in Houston, Occidental is one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization.
Occidental’s midstream and marketing segment gathers, processes, transports, stores, purchases and markets hydrocarbons and other commodities in support of Occidental’s businesses. The company’s wholly owned subsidiary OxyChem manufactures and markets chlor-alkali products and vinyls. The Permian Basin of West Texas and southeast New Mexico is home to Occidental’s domestic core assets. In the Permian, Occidental is the largest operator and producer of oil as well as the largest injector of CO2. Occidental is a world leader in applying this enhanced oil recovery technology, operating more than two dozen active CO2floods in 2014. Occidental’s Resources business provides the key growth area in the Permian operations developing unconventional reservoirs across approximately 2.5 million net acres held at the end of 2014. Occidental is committed to safeguarding the environment, protecting the safety and health of employees and neighboring communities and upholding high standards of social responsibility throughout its worldwide operations.
Southwest 2015 Winners
- Award for Drilling Excellence - Ensign Energy Services
- Award for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility - Apache Corporation
- Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Operational - Aveda Transportation and Energy Services
- Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Products - TekSolv
- Consultancy of the Year - KJE., Inc.
- Engineering Company of the Year - Landpoint, LLC.
- Future Industry Leader Award - Stephen Cravens - YPE
- General Industry Service Award - Well Master Corporation
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Chemplex Solvay Group
- Manufacturer of the Year - Sand X
- Midstream Company of the Year - Enlink Midstream
- New Technology Development of the Year - Products - Drillform Technical Services LTD.
- New Technology Development of the Year - Software Application - Trimble, Geospatial Division
- Oilfield Services Company of the Year - Frank's International N.V
- The Oil & Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - Encana Corporation
- Themark Corporation E&P Company of the Year - Occidental Petroleum Corporation
- Trucking Company of the Year - Presented by Kenworth - Ryder Systems
- VZ Environmental Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship - Houston Advanced Research Center
- Water Management Company of the Year - MIOX Corporation