Construction Company of the Year, Southwest 2014
Awarded to: RWI Construction
Oil & Gas Awards Judges Comments
“A comprehensive submission package, detailing the breadth and depth of services. More than just a construction company, impressive long-term client base which seems to be thanks to their focus on their staff.”
“Clearly, they are a leader in the region, impressive safety record – rating for Chevron – no recordable since October 2011, running day total of 1028 days safe. Strong growth and clear investment in systems, equipment and staff.”
RWI Construction – Corporate Overview
RWI was founded in 1979 and is headquartered in Midland, Texas, with additional operations in Monahans, Texas and in Hobbs, New Mexico. The Company operates in the Permian Basin, one of the largest and most active oil basins in the United States, expanding throughout southwest Texas and southeast New Mexico.
RWI operates in the highly-fragmented oilfield services industry, comprised primarily of regional companies offering limited services and many without the scale to accommodate the increasing needs of blue-chip customers. Management believes that the Company is the largest provider of MRO services in the Permian Basin and anticipates its market share within the Permian to increase due to the quality and breadth of the Company’s service offerings.
RWI has assembled a high-quality group of well-trained employees as well as a young and aggressive Management Team with varied backgrounds providing a fresh perspective on doing business in the oil field. The Company’s over thirty years of success demonstrates its ability and commitment in being able to deliver top quality work with on time performance.
In result, RWI is one of the few companies that have the infrastructure to provide services for and meet the demands of major Oil and Gas companies.
Southwest 2014 Winners
- Award for Drilling Excellence - Baker Hughes
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Operational - FTS
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Products - Preferred Technology
- Award for Excellence in Well Completion - Halliburton
- Construction Company of the Year - RWI Construction
- Consultancy of the Year - Total Safety
- E&P Company of the Year - BHP Billiton
- Engineering Company of the Year - Landpoint, Inc.
- Future Industry Leader - Randy Kurek - Iron Fox Trucking
- General Industry Service Award - Cotton Logistics
- Industry Leader - John Schmitz - Select Energy Services
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Aggreko
- Kenworth Truck Company Trucking Company of the Year - Lake Truck Lines, Inc.
- Manufacturer of the Year - Astro Thermal Tec Inc.
- New Technology Development of the Year - General/Products - Energy Recovery, Inc.
- New Technology Development of the Year Award - Software Application - Enbase Solutions
- Oil & Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - EnLink Midstream
- Oilfield Services Company of the Year - Halliburton
- PLH Midstream Company of the Year - Bridger, LLC
- VZ Environmental Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship - Newpark Drilling Fluids
- Water Management Company of the Year - Halliburton