Oil & Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year < $1bn, Southwest 2013
Awarded to: Harbinger Group, Inc.
Oil & Gas Awards Judges Quotes
“HGI is principally focused on acquiring controlling and other equity stakes in businesses across a diversified range of industries and growing its existing businesses.”
Harbinger Group Inc. – Corporate Overview
Harbinger Group Inc. (“HGI”; NYSE: HRG) is a diversified holding company. HGI’s principal operations are conducted through companies that: offer life insurance and annuity products; branded consumer products (such as consumer batteries, residential locksets, residential builders’ hardware, faucets, shaving and grooming products, personal care products, small household appliances, specialty pet supplies, lawn, garden and home pest control products, personal insect repellents); provide asset-backed loans; and own energy assets. In February 2013, EXCO Resources, Inc (NYSE: XCO) and HGI formed a joint venture to own and operate conventional oil and gas properties. EXCO contributed to the EXCO/HGI JV its conventional assets in and above the Canyon Sand formation in the Permian Basin in West Texas as well as in the Holly, Waskom, Danville and Vernon fields in East Texas and North Louisiana.
HGI is principally focused on acquiring controlling and other equity stakes in businesses across a diversified range of industries and growing its existing businesses. In addition to HGI’s intention to acquire controlling equity interests, HGI may also from time to time make investments in debt instruments and acquire minority equity interests in companies. HGI is headquartered in New York and traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol HRG.
Southwest 2013 Winners
- Bulk Trucking Company of the Year - Sun Coast Resources, Inc.
- Construction Company of the Year - Hammer Construction
- Consultancy of the Year - P2 Energy Solutions
- Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative of the Year - Honeywell
- Drilling Company of the Year - Precision Drilling Corporation
- Environmental Initiative of the Year - Select Energy Services
- Future Industry Leader - Ryan Boschetti - Hunt Oil Company
- General Industry Service Award - Geoforce
- Health & Safety Initiative of the Year - Dresser-Rand
- Heavy Haul Trucking Company of the Year - Lake Truck Lines
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Supreme Services
- Manufacturer of the Year - National Oilwell Varco
- Midstream Company of the Year - Crosstex Energy, LP
- Oil & Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year < $1bn - Harbinger Group, Inc.
- Oil & Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year > $1bn - Energy Transfer Partners
- Recruitment Agency of the Year - Swift Worldwide Resources
- Risk Management Provider of the Year - Lockton Marine & Energy of the Lockton Companies, LLC
- Specialty Industry Supplier of the Year - VZ Environmental
- Water Management Company of the Year - TETRA® Technologies, Inc.
- Well Completion Company of the Year - NCS Energy Services, LLC