Oil & Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year > $1bn, Southwest 2013
Awarded to: Energy Transfer Partners
Oil & Gas Awards Judges Comments
“They were able to get the Sunoco shareholders to accept half cash and half stock thereby reducing the cost of the transaction.”
“What a great way for a traditional midstream gas company to diversify its portfolio and participate in high price environment of crude oil. This should give them a great balance of assets and protect them from price drops in one commodity.”
Energy Transfer Partners – Corporate Overview
Dallas-based Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. (NYSE:ETP) is a master limited partnership which owns and operates one of the largest and most diversified portfolios of energy assets in the United States. ETP currently has natural gas operations that include approximately 33,000 miles of gathering and transportation pipelines, treating and processing assets, and storage facilities. ETP owns Southern Union Company and Sunoco, and a 70% interest in Lone Star NGL, a joint venture that owns and operates natural gas liquids storage, fractionation and transportation assets. ETP also owns Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. (NYSE: SXL), which operates a geographically diverse portfolio of crude oil and refined products pipelines, terminalling, and crude oil acquisition and marketing assets. ETP’s general partner is owned by Energy Transfer Equity (NYSE:ETE).
Southwest 2013 Winners
- Bulk Trucking Company of the Year - Sun Coast Resources, Inc.
- Construction Company of the Year - Hammer Construction
- Consultancy of the Year - P2 Energy Solutions
- Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative of the Year - Honeywell
- Drilling Company of the Year - Precision Drilling Corporation
- Environmental Initiative of the Year - Select Energy Services
- Future Industry Leader - Ryan Boschetti - Hunt Oil Company
- General Industry Service Award - Geoforce
- Health & Safety Initiative of the Year - Dresser-Rand
- Heavy Haul Trucking Company of the Year - Lake Truck Lines
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Supreme Services
- Manufacturer of the Year - National Oilwell Varco
- Midstream Company of the Year - Crosstex Energy, LP
- Oil & Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year < $1bn - Harbinger Group, Inc.
- Oil & Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year > $1bn - Energy Transfer Partners
- Recruitment Agency of the Year - Swift Worldwide Resources
- Risk Management Provider of the Year - Lockton Marine & Energy of the Lockton Companies, LLC
- Specialty Industry Supplier of the Year - VZ Environmental
- Water Management Company of the Year - TETRA® Technologies, Inc.
- Well Completion Company of the Year - NCS Energy Services, LLC