Heavy Haul Trucking Company of the Year, Southwest 2013
Awarded to: Lake Truck Lines
Oil & Gas Awards Judges Comments
“Great initiative to get involved with the political system to educate politicians about our industry, benefitting yourself and others.”
“It is difficult to move a successful company and grow at the same time, and on a time record of 99.5% is very impressive with the current activity level.”
Lake Truck Lines – Corporate Overview
From Lakes beginnings in Houston in 1949 with four trucks to over 100 units at 8 locations in 2 states the company has always sought to challenge competitors, economic conditions, conventional thinking but mostly itself. By always asking itself ‘What’s the Next Step?’ Lake is always able to come up with new and innovative ways to learn about and serve the clients up and coming unmet needs.
Lakes expansion into the Eagle Ford and Permian Basin oilfields just 30 months ago are what brought Lake into the forefront of the oilfield logistics industry. Lake provides dedicated or first call transportation service to three of the four largest oilfield service companies in the world. By specializing in just two vital areas of the drilling process, drilling fluids and cementing, Lake is the recognized expert in the field.
But Douglas Cain is never one to be satisfied with his present success. It has been said that Mr. Cain looks two mountains over to determine his next goal. With the development of Lake Oilfield Services and its Lake Transloading and Lake Manufacturing Divisions, Lake has been able to engineer, design, build and market the vital equipment needed for its oilfield clients
Southwest 2013 Winners
- Bulk Trucking Company of the Year - Sun Coast Resources, Inc.
- Construction Company of the Year - Hammer Construction
- Consultancy of the Year - P2 Energy Solutions
- Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative of the Year - Honeywell
- Drilling Company of the Year - Precision Drilling Corporation
- Environmental Initiative of the Year - Select Energy Services
- Future Industry Leader - Ryan Boschetti - Hunt Oil Company
- General Industry Service Award - Geoforce
- Health & Safety Initiative of the Year - Dresser-Rand
- Heavy Haul Trucking Company of the Year - Lake Truck Lines
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Supreme Services
- Manufacturer of the Year - National Oilwell Varco
- Midstream Company of the Year - Crosstex Energy, LP
- Oil & Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year < $1bn - Harbinger Group, Inc.
- Oil & Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year > $1bn - Energy Transfer Partners
- Recruitment Agency of the Year - Swift Worldwide Resources
- Risk Management Provider of the Year - Lockton Marine & Energy of the Lockton Companies, LLC
- Specialty Industry Supplier of the Year - VZ Environmental
- Water Management Company of the Year - TETRA® Technologies, Inc.
- Well Completion Company of the Year - NCS Energy Services, LLC