Drilling Company of the Year, Southwest 2013
Awarded to: Precision Drilling Corporation
Oil & Gas Awards Judges Comments
“Their analysis programs to evaluate the steps which created past problems, to improve future results especially in the HSE department are the only way to properly evaluate the failures as well as successes when running a business.”
“Commitment to new equipment and demonstrated HS&E YOY improvements.”
Precision Drilling Corporation – Corporate Overview
Precision is a leading provider of safe and High Performance, High Value services to the oil and gas industry. Precision provides customers with access to an extensive fleet of contract drilling rigs, directional drilling services, well service & snubbing rigs, coiled tubing services, camps, rental equipment, and water treatment units backed by a comprehensive mix of technical support services and skilled, experienced personnel. Precision is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Precision is listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the trading symbol “PD” and on the New York Stock Exchange under the trading symbol “PDS”.
Precision was founded as a private drilling contractor in the early 1950s and has grown to be one of the largest oilfield service providers in North America. The Corporation’s fleet has expanded through additions of new build drilling rigs and corporate acquisitions, notably the acquisition in 2008 of Grey Wolf, Inc., a leading US-based drilling contractor with operations in Mexico. Today, Precision has a broad North American footprint and operates a large fleet of high performance, horizontally capable drilling rigs well suited to meet the demands of its customers’ unconventional drilling programs. Precision also has a growing international drilling presence where the Corporation is focused on pursuing business in markets where Precision’s High Performance, High Value strategy is demanded by customers.
Precision’s Completion and Production Services Segment began in 1996 with the acquisition of a well service company and a diversified oil service company the same year. Through additional acquisitions, investments in new equipment and development of skilled personnel, Precision has become the largest well servicing provider in Canada. In addition to well servicing, Precision has grown the Completion and Production Services Segment through product and service line expansion and today has a large fleet of rental equipment for customers in the Canadian and U.S. markets, a camps and catering business, snubbing and coiled tubing services, and a wastewater treatment division, Terra Water. Precision Drilling Corporation became an open-ended income trust in 2005. Effective June 1, 2010 Precision Drilling Trust converted to a growth-oriented corporation pursuant to a plan of arrangement under the Business Corporations Act (Alberta).
Southwest 2013 Winners
- Bulk Trucking Company of the Year - Sun Coast Resources, Inc.
- Construction Company of the Year - Hammer Construction
- Consultancy of the Year - P2 Energy Solutions
- Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative of the Year - Honeywell
- Drilling Company of the Year - Precision Drilling Corporation
- Environmental Initiative of the Year - Select Energy Services
- Future Industry Leader - Ryan Boschetti - Hunt Oil Company
- General Industry Service Award - Geoforce
- Health & Safety Initiative of the Year - Dresser-Rand
- Heavy Haul Trucking Company of the Year - Lake Truck Lines
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Supreme Services
- Manufacturer of the Year - National Oilwell Varco
- Midstream Company of the Year - Crosstex Energy, LP
- Oil & Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year < $1bn - Harbinger Group, Inc.
- Oil & Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year > $1bn - Energy Transfer Partners
- Recruitment Agency of the Year - Swift Worldwide Resources
- Risk Management Provider of the Year - Lockton Marine & Energy of the Lockton Companies, LLC
- Specialty Industry Supplier of the Year - VZ Environmental
- Water Management Company of the Year - TETRA® Technologies, Inc.
- Well Completion Company of the Year - NCS Energy Services, LLC