Oilfield Services Company of the Year, Rocky Mountain 2015
Awarded to: Fortis Energy Services, Inc.
Oil & Gas Awards Judges Comments
“Fortis’s high degree of customer satisfaction and education are more than admirable. Their veteran and employment initiative is second to none and speaks for itself. Not only do they honor and respect our returning veterans but open avenues of education and training to those who have unselfishly served our country.”
“Fortis has worked hard to be successful in a highly competitive part of the oil and gas industry; providing rigs and personnel to service oil and gas wells. What makes Fortis stand out is its commitment to providing proper training to its personnel, a very strong commitment to safety, excellent rig maintenance, and most importantly, the company’s program to hire and train Veterans. Fortis’ “Fortis 4 Vets” program truly makes them a standout in this group.”
Fortis Energy Services, Inc. – Corporate Overview
Fortis Energy Services, headquartered in Michigan, offers oil and gas well services throughout the Rocky Mountain and Northeast regions, specializing in well completions, workovers, down-hole repairs, maintenance, plugging and abandonment.
Fortis’ experienced crews are Fortisafe Certified. Our fleet consists of 350 and 550 series workover rigs and ancillary equipment including tri-plex pumps, mud tanks, power swivels and hydraulic catwalks resulting in a high degree of efficiency, finishing work in 15-20 percent less time than our competition. Fortis’ culture of safety, recruiting and preventative maintenance reduces non-productive time in the field. Fortis’ strategic growth plans target all the major shale plays across the US over the next 3-5 years, including the Williston, Appalachian, Eagle Ford, Permian and Niobrara basins. Fortis has experience working safely under extreme well pressures in the Northeast, in line with their core value “Safety First”. Fortis’ employees are Fortisafe Certified, a rigorous program to promote a high standard for safety throughout the operations.
Fortis Energy Services strongly supports corporate responsibility as indicated by the Fortis4Vets hiring initiative. The company is listed by Inc. 5000 as one of the fastest growing companies in the US and was voted one of the top 100 energy companies.
Rocky Mountain 2015 Winners
- Award for Drilling Excellence - Pioneer Energy Services
- Award for Excellence for Corporate Social Responsibility - Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - CDM Resource Management, LLC
- Award for Excellence in Well Completion - Calfrac Well Services
- Construction Company of the Year - Loenbro
- Consultancy of the Year - Total Safety
- Engineering Company of the Year - Samuel Engineering, Inc.
- Future Industry Leader Award - Patrick E. Hughley - Enbridge
- General Industry Service Award - Well Master
- Industry Leader - James J. Volker - Whiting Petroleum Corporation
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Border States Electric
- Loenbro Midstream Company of the Year - Crestwood Midstream Partners, LP.
- Manufacturer of the Year - Kerr Pumps & FlowValve
- New Technology Development of the Year - General / Products - Applied Control Equipment
- Oilfield Services Company of the Year - Fortis Energy Services, Inc.
- The Oil & Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - Over $1Bn - Whiting Petroleum Corporation
- The Oil & Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - Under $1Bn - Legacy Reserves, LP
- Themark Corporation E&P Company of the Year - EOG Resources
- Trucking Company of the Year - Presented by Kenworth - Cruz Energy Services
- VZ Environmental Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship - LT Environmental
- Water Management Company of the Year - Themark Corporation