New Technology Development of the Year - General/Products, Rocky Mountain 2013
Awarded to: Trican Well Service
Oil & Gas Awards Judges Comments
“Tackling a huge issue in the industry and providing a needed service (fracturing) without using new water supplies. Can be very cost effective and environmentally responsible.”
“By alliancing with Emerald Surf Sciences, Trican is forging new ground in avoidance of freshwater supplies for oilfield services. From the research presented and peer reviewed publication, it appears the alliance will not settle for current innovation but will continue to improve and make potential ground- breaking technologies for our industry.”
Trican Well Service – Corporate Overview
Trican is an international pressure pumping company with operations on six continents and corporate headquarters in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Trican provides innovative, engineered and integrated solutions to its customers involved in the exploration and development of oil and natural gas reserves.
With a highly trained and competent workforce and a recognized commitment to ongoing research and development, Trican is a technical leader in each of the services lines in which we operate: fracturing, coiled tubing, cementing, acidizing, nitrogen, geological services, reservoir engineering, microseismic, completion systems, industrial & pipeline services.
Trican is currently the largest pressure pumping service provider in Canada and the leading fracturing company in Russia. Trican has laboratories and R&D centres in Houston, Moscow and Calgary. Trican’s expertise and experience are some of the most extensive in the industry, with an annual average of more than 11,500 fracture jobs performed in the past 3 years. Trican has also performed a 3-year annual average of more than 10,900 cementing jobs, 4,800 nitrogen jobs and 3,700 deep coiled tubing jobs, among many other services in Canada and internationally.
Rocky Mountain 2013 Winners
- Award for Drilling Excellence - Precision Drilling
- Award for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility - Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship - Preferred Technology
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Operational - Express Energy Services
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Products - VZ Environmental
- Bulk Trucking Company of the Year - Gazelle Transportation, Inc.
- Construction Company of the Year - Loenbro
- E&P Company of the Year - Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Engineering Company of the Year - Halker Consulting
- General Industry Service Award - Target Logistics
- Heavy Haul Trucking Company of the Year - JD Field Services Inc.
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Marquis Alliance, a division of SECURE Energy Services
- Law Firm of the Year - Norton Rose Fulbright
- Manufacturer of the Year - KROHNE, Inc.
- New Technology Development of the Year - General/Products - Trican Well Service
- New Technology Development of the Year - Software Application - Enersight
- Oilfield Service Company of the Year - ENSERVCO Corporation
- Recruitment Agency of the Year - RTS CORP
- Specialty Industry Supplier of the Year - Preferred Technology
- The Bilfinger Westcon Midstream Company of the Year - Summit Midstream Partners, LP
- The Oil & Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - Under $1Billion - Kodiak Oil & Gas Corp.
- The Oil and Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - Over $1billion - Denbury Resources, Inc
- The Preferred Technology Award for Excellence in Well Completion - NCS Energy Services, LLC
- The Progressive Energy & Natural Resources Industry Leader - Blake Scott - Scott Environmental Services, Inc
- The Progressive Global Energy & Natural Resources Future Industry Leader - Jacob Eberhart - Canary, LLC
- Water Management Company of the Year - TETRA® Technologies, Inc.