Midstream Company of the Year, Northeast 2017
Awarded to: MarkWest Energy Partners, L.P.
“With numerous natural gas processing complexes amongst their rail, truck, barge and pipeline infrastructure they have long been the leaders in their field for some time in my opinion. They have multiple projects under construction that when they come on line will only make them stronger in the region.”
MPLX is a diversified, growth-oriented master limited partnership formed in 2012 by Marathon Petroleum Corporation to own, operate, develop and acquire midstream energy infrastructure assets. We are engaged in the gathering, processing and transportation of natural gas; the gathering, transportation, fractionation, storage and marketing of NGLs; and the transportation and storage of crude oil and refined petroleum products. Headquartered in Findlay, Ohio, MPLX’s assets consist of a network of common carrier crude oil and products pipeline assets located in the Midwest and Gulf Coast regions of the United States; an inland marine business; a butane storage cavern located in West Virginia with approximately 1 million barrels of storage capacity; crude oil and product storage facilities (tank farms) with approximately 5 million barrels of available storage capacity; a barge dock facility with approximately 78,000 barrels per day of crude oil and product throughput capacity; and gathering and processing assets that include more than 5,600 miles of gas gathering and NGL pipelines, 54 gas processing plants, 13 NGL fractionation facilities and two condensate stabilization facilities.
Northeast 2017 Winners
- Award For Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility - Junior Achievement Foundation
- Award for Excellence in Drilling - Eclipse Resources
- Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship - Comtech Industries
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Deep Well Services
- Construction Company of the Year - Minnesota Limited
- Consultancy of the Year - AllStar Ecology, LLC
- E&P Company of the Year - EQT Coporation
- Engineering Company of the Year - Pickering Associates
- Future Industry Leader - Zhenhua Rui
- General Industry Service Award - Well Master Corporation
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Total Equipment Company
- Kerr Pumps & FlowVale Awards for Excellence in Well Completion - U.S. Well Services
- Law Firm of the Year - Blank Rome, LLP
- Lifetime Achievement Award - Lou D'Amico
- Manufacturer of the Year - Infinity Tool Manufacturing
- Midstream Company of the Year - MarkWest Energy Partners, L.P.
- New Technology Development of the Year - Fortis Energy Services, Inc.
- Oil & Gas Journal Transaction of the Year - Rice Energy
- Oilfield Service Company of the Year - McCutcheon Enterprises, Inc
- Water Management Company of the Year - Eureka Resources