Themark Corporation E&P Company of the Year, Northeast 2016
Awarded to: Antero Resources
“A huge amount of nominations for this company, it is well known that they mitigated a lot of the uncertainty many other producers face at the moment.”
“They utilize new technology as well as any company I can think of, ensuring their environmental footprint is as minimal as possible.”
Antero Resources is an independent exploration and production (E&P) company engaged in the exploitation, development and acquisition of natural gas, NGLs and oil properties located in the Appalachia Basin. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, we are focused on creating value through the development of our large portfolio of repeatable, low cost, liquids-rich drilling opportunities in two of the premier North American shale plays. We hold over 422,000 net acres in the southwestern core of the Marcellus Shale and over 147,000 net acres in the core of the Utica Shale. We welcome you to discover our impressive assets, and drilling inventory, by exploring our website.
Antero Resources was formed in 2002 by Paul M. Rady and Glen Warren following their success with Pennaco Energy.
Outstanding E&P Track
• Antero Resources Barnett Shale Business (Private Company)
• Built from new venture in 2002 into 2nd largest producer in the play.
• Drilled over 250 Barnett Shale wells including 80 horizontal wells, and generated gross operated production of 150 MMcf per day in 2005.
• Sold Barnett Shale business to XTO Energy in April 2005. Pennaco Energy (AMEX: PN)
• Built from new venture in 1998 into highly successful Powder River Basin coal bed methane (CBM) producer.
• Drilled over 1,400 CBM wells with gross operated production over 95 MMcf per day.
• Pennaco was the best performing E&P stock in the U.S. during its two years as a public company.
• Sold to Marathon Oil in February 2001.
Northeast 2016 Winners
- Award for Drilling Excellence - Crescent Directional Drilling
- Award for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility - Hodgson Russ LLP
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Operational - Columbia Midstream
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Products - OmniCert
- Bilfinger Westcon Midstream Company of the Year - M3 Midstream LLC (“Momentum”)
- Columbia Midstream Future Industry Leader - Jared Oehring
- Construction Company of the Year - CIANBRO
- Consultancy of the Year - Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc.
- Engineering Company of the Year - Pickering Associates
- General Industry Service Award - PULS, Inc.
- Industry Leader - PennEnergy Resources, LLC - Richard Weber
- Industry Supplier of the Year - CDM Resource Management LLC
- Law Firm of the Year - Steptoe & Johnson PLLC
- Manufacturer of the Year - Command Energy
- New Technology Development of the Year - Product - Pixel Velocity®
- New Technology Development of the Year - Software - Sourcewater
- Oilfield Service Company of the Year - Fortis Energy Services
- Themark Corporation E&P Company of the Year - Antero Resources
- Trucking Company of the Year - Select Energy Services
- VZ Environmental Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship - Eclipse Resources
- Water Management Company of the Year - Rain for Rent