New Technology Development of the Year - Software, Northeast 2016
Awarded to: Sourcewater
“Smart online marketplace tool enabling producers to share, reduce and/or re-use recycled water within the energy eco- system.”
“Intuitive system that provides a platform for the exchange of water. Energy companies and service providers alike can buy, sell and market their water.”
Sourcewater (www.sourcewater.com), a spinout from MIT, is the water exchange for the energy ecosystem. We have created the first online exchange for sourcing, transporting, recycling and disposing of water for oil and gas production, a $50 billion U.S. market. Our marketplace enables energy companies to minimize their single largest operating cost, water management, ensure a reliable mission- critical water supply chain, and reduce the environmental and community impacts of energy production through shorter hauling distances, increased wastewater recycling and non-freshwater use. For water sellers and service providers, Sourcewater offers a marketing platform that reduces cost of sales and maximizes utilization and profitability.
Sourcewater launched in the Appalachia region in April 2015 and has already registered over 150 companies as users including a majority of the leading E&Ps in the northeast region. About one billion barrels of water are now available for purchase or recycling on Sourcewater.com.
Northeast 2016 Winners
- Award for Drilling Excellence - Crescent Directional Drilling
- Award for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility - Hodgson Russ LLP
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Operational - Columbia Midstream
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Products - OmniCert
- Bilfinger Westcon Midstream Company of the Year - M3 Midstream LLC (“Momentum”)
- Columbia Midstream Future Industry Leader - Jared Oehring
- Construction Company of the Year - CIANBRO
- Consultancy of the Year - Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc.
- Engineering Company of the Year - Pickering Associates
- General Industry Service Award - PULS, Inc.
- Industry Leader - PennEnergy Resources, LLC - Richard Weber
- Industry Supplier of the Year - CDM Resource Management LLC
- Law Firm of the Year - Steptoe & Johnson PLLC
- Manufacturer of the Year - Command Energy
- New Technology Development of the Year - Product - Pixel Velocity®
- New Technology Development of the Year - Software - Sourcewater
- Oilfield Service Company of the Year - Fortis Energy Services
- Themark Corporation E&P Company of the Year - Antero Resources
- Trucking Company of the Year - Select Energy Services
- VZ Environmental Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship - Eclipse Resources
- Water Management Company of the Year - Rain for Rent