Bilfinger Westcon Midstream Company of the Year, Northeast 2015
Awarded to: Columbia Midstream Group
Oil & Gas Awards Judges Comments
“Significant Marcellus player that shows a commitment to staff and their safety through the S.P.I.R.I.T program. Good social giving for 2014.”
“The completion of the Hickory Bend and Big Pine gathering system in just 14 months is a very impressive accomplishment. NiSource (now Columbia Midstream Group) have scored well on this basis.”
Columbia Midstream Group – Corporate Overview
The Columbia Midstream Group was founded specifically to meet the needs of producers in the Appalachian Basin and is able to leverage its strong relationships and vast experience working within the industry to develop the necessary infrastructure to support the phenomenal growth of the industry as a result of the Marcellus and Utica shale play development. Columbia Midstream’s Hickory Bend Gathering System and Processing Plant in northeastern Ohio were recently placed into service. The project, operating under the name of Pennant, is a joint venture with partner Hilcorp Energy Company’s midstream affiliate Harvest Pipeline. The scope of the Hickory Bend project includes approximately 55 miles of wet gas gathering pipeline facilities in northeastern Ohio and western Pennsylvania, as well as a cryogenic natural gas processing plant currently in operation in Springfield Township in Mahoning County, Ohio. The Majorsville gathering system is a 35-mile wet gas gathering system located in southwestern Pennsylvania and in the northern panhandle of West Virginia, and serves various producers. And the Big Pine gathering system is a 57-mile gathering line extending through the heart of the Marcellus shale region of western Pennsylvania. An expansion of the Big Pine System is also planned. Columbia Midstream has announced plans to construct the East Washington gathering pipeline system to gather and transport natural gas production in North and South Strabane Townships to be delivered to Columbia Gas Transmission line 1570 to serve area production. Columbia Midstream contributes positively to local and looks forward to furthering the safe and responsible development of Pennsylvania’s shale resources.
Northeast 2015 Winners
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Operational - Bilfinger Westcon Inc.
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Products - TekSolv
- Award for Excellence in Well Completion - Packers Plus Energy Services, Inc.
- Bilfinger Westcon Midstream Company of the Year - Columbia Midstream Group
- Construction Company of the Year - BOND
- Consultancy of the Year - Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc.
- Eclipse Resources Award for Drilling Excellence - Baker Hughes
- Engineering Company of the Year - ARM Group
- Future Industry Leader Award - Lauren R. Parker - Civil Environmental Consultants, Inc
- General Industry Service Award - IPC Energy Services, LLC
- Industry Leader - James E. Kriebel - Kriebel Companies
- Industry Supplier of the Year - CASCO USA
- JC Fodale Award for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility - Dominion Resources
- Law Firm of the Year - Steptoe & Johnson PLLC
- Manufacturer of the Year - Worthington Industries
- New Technology Development Award - General/Products - U.S. Well Services, LLC
- New Technology Development of the Year - Software Application - Shalewater Solutions
- Oilfield Services Company of the Year - McCutcheon Enterprises, Inc
- Themark Corporation E&P Company of the Year - Eclipse Resources Corporation
- Trucking Company of the Year - Presented by Kenworth - Beemac Trucking
- VZ Environmental Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship - Range Resources
- Water Management Company of the Year - Keystone Clearwater Solutions