Law Firm of the Year, Northeast 2012
Awarded to: K&L Gates LLP
K&L Gates’ oil and gas team includes lawyers located across our global office network representing clients with operations in virtually all of the major oil and natural gas-producing regions around the world.
The Marcellus Shale, currently the hottest natural gas play in North America, could contain more than 500 trillion cubic feet of recoverable natural gas. The opportunities associated with developing a shale play of that magnitude are abundant. Along with these opportunities are numerous concerns such as the technical challenges of drilling, environmental regulation, legal issues such as surface and land use rights, the legislative landscape, and financing alternatives.
We have represented clients in the oil and gas industry in Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Ohio, and New York for decades. Our oil and gas practice is built on a sophisticated and detailed understanding of the legal aspects of exploring for, producing, transporting, storing, marketing, and processing natural gas, coal bed methane, and oil.
K&L Gates’ oil and gas team includes lawyers licensed to practice in the active areas of the Appalachian region, including Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Ohio, and New York. Several of our partners have extensive prior experience in serving with governmental agencies, including the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (PaDEP), the Delaware River Basin Commission (DRBC), Susquehanna River Basin Commission (SRBC), Ohio River Valley Water Sanitation Commission (ORSANCO), and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). These lawyers also have long-standing relationships with many public officials, including governors, senators, and congressmen, and include former members of the Pennsylvania cabinet in legislative affairs.
Please visit www.klgates.com for more information.
Northeast 2012 Winners
- Construction Company of the Year - West Penn Energy Services
- Consultancy of the Year - ARM Group
- Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative of the Year - Chesapeake Energy Corporation
- Drilling & Well Services Company of the Year - McCutcheon Enterprises, Inc
- E&P Company of the Year - Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation
- Engineering Company of the Year - Thrasher Engineering, Inc
- Environmental Initiative of the Year - Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Future Industry Leader - Chad Gorman, CEO - GasSearch Drilling Services
- Health & Safety Initiative of the Year - Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Industry Leader - Tom Lopus
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Total Equipment Company
- Insurance Provider of the Year - Aon Corporation
- Law Firm of the Year - K&L Gates LLP
- Manufacturer of the Year - Forum Energy Technologies
- Midstream Company of the Year - Williams
- Recruitment Agency of the Year - Drill Baby Drill Staffing
- Transaction of the Year - Williams
- Trucking Company of the Year - Schneider National
- Water Management Company of the Year - Tetra Technologies, Inc