Engineering Company of the Year, Northeast 2012
Awarded to: Thrasher Engineering, Inc
Building on 30 years of technical expertise in civil engineering and proven project management methods, Thrasher Engineering, Incorporated has applied their skills in water, wastewater, storm water and site development engineering to become a leader in providing engineering services to energy corporations within the Marcellus and Utica Shale regions of the United States.
Thrasher was founded in 1983 in Clarksburg, West Virginia by H. Wood Thrasher and his father, Henry Thrasher with a focus on providing engineering design for public utilities. Since that time, the firm has grown to a multi-state leading engineering and architectural concern with seven offices located throughout West Virginia, and in Maryland, Ohio and Virginia.
Nearly 300 employees offer multi-disciplined capabilities, covering all of the professional services needed to deliver successful projects to both public and private clientele. By providing a full range of quality professional engineering, surveying, architectural, environmental and related field services, Thrasher has positioned itself as a primary firm in infrastructure and in the energy sector.
Thrasher is involved in all aspects of developing infrastructure for the oil and gas industry. Civil engineering design and permitting services for water resources, well pads, impoundments, and compressor sites as well as survey services for midstream transmission are areas of expertise in which Thrasher has met the needs of the oil and gas industry.
Northeast 2012 Winners
- Construction Company of the Year - West Penn Energy Services
- Consultancy of the Year - ARM Group
- Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative of the Year - Chesapeake Energy Corporation
- Drilling & Well Services Company of the Year - McCutcheon Enterprises, Inc
- E&P Company of the Year - Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation
- Engineering Company of the Year - Thrasher Engineering, Inc
- Environmental Initiative of the Year - Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Future Industry Leader - Chad Gorman, CEO - GasSearch Drilling Services
- Health & Safety Initiative of the Year - Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Industry Leader - Tom Lopus
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Total Equipment Company
- Insurance Provider of the Year - Aon Corporation
- Law Firm of the Year - K&L Gates LLP
- Manufacturer of the Year - Forum Energy Technologies
- Midstream Company of the Year - Williams
- Recruitment Agency of the Year - Drill Baby Drill Staffing
- Transaction of the Year - Williams
- Trucking Company of the Year - Schneider National
- Water Management Company of the Year - Tetra Technologies, Inc