Environmental Initiative of the Year, Midcontinent 2013
Awarded to: Preferred Sands
Oil & Gas Awards Judges Comments
“Innovative technology application. Can have significant impact in minimizing environmental footprint.”
“RCS technology has been developed with long-term environmental benefits in mind whilst also being economically sustainable. A great example to the industry.”
Preferred Sands – Corporate Overview
Preferred Sands, headquartered in Radnor, PA, is one of North America’s largest manufacturers and providers of frac sand for oil and natural gas companies in the hydraulic fracturing industry. Launched in 2007 Preferred Sands is the market’s only commercial manufacturer with an available green technology in resin-coated sand. With this innovative product development and reclamation projects, the company is not only committed to the protection of the environment but also the health and safety of the communities it serves. With strategic plant locations in Arizona, Minnesota, Nebraska, Wisconsin and Canada, the company has core competencies in logistic transportation. Preferred Sands has been named one of Pennsylvania’s “Best Places to Work.” CEO, Michael O’Neill, has been named Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year® in Energy, Cleantech and Natural Resources (2012) and SmartCEO Magazine’s CEO of the Year (2012).
Midcontinent 2013 Winners
- Drilling Company of the Year - Precision Drilling Corporation
- E&P Company of the Year - Continental Resources
- Engineering Company of the Year - Willbros Group, Inc.
- Environmental Initiative of the Year - Preferred Sands
- Future Industry Leader - Michael Sloan - Canyon Oilfield Services
- General Industry Service Award - Best Well Services, LLC
- Health & Safety Initiative of the Year - Honeywell
- Industry Leader - J. Mike Stice - CEO, Access Midstream
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Light Tower Rentals, Inc.
- Manufacturer of the Year - Emerson Process Managements' Remote Automation Solutions
- Midstream Company of the Year - PVR Partners, L.P.
- Oil & Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - Midstates Petroleum Company, Inc.
- Recruitment Agency of the Year - Progressive GE
- Risk Management Provider of the Year - Arthur J. Gallagher Risk Management Services, Inc.
- Trucking Company of the Year - Hearn Trucking, LLC
- Water Management Company of the Year - Fidelity National Environmental Solutions
- Well Completion Company of the Year - C&J Energy Services