Heavy Haul Trucking Company of the Year, Gulf Coast 2013
Awarded to: Dupré Logistics, LLC
Oil & Gas Awards Judges Comments
“From two trucks to five hundred and over 1,200 employees, Dupré has an impressive track record of growth and safety innovation.“
Dupré Logistics, LLC – Corporate Overview
Established in 1980, Dupré Logistics operates more than 500 trucks, employs over 1,200 professional drivers and serves strategic capacity services, site and private fleet services, and energy distribution services. Dupré operates from hubs near major metropolitan areas and serves all of the contiguous 48 states and parts of Canada and Mexico.
The nationally recognized logistics provider is rooted in the transportation of oil and gas materials. In the early days of the company, founder Reggie Dupré had difficulty finding a reliable transporter to deliver fuel to his small service station in rural Louisiana. Frustrated with being overlooked by higher-volume haulers and fully prepared to tackle the problem himself, he founded Dupré Transport, LLC, in Lafayette as a specialized hauler of bulk liquid commodities. Dupré began transporting his own product and soon was asked to provide services for other independent retailers.
Over 30 years later, Dupré Logistics has placed itself as a leader in safety, innovation and technological super-user within the industry. The three major business groups recognizable today are Site & Private Fleet Services, Strategic Capacity Services and Energy Distribution Services. In addition to the companies’ over 1,000 staff members and drivers, Dupré has established a network of 2,000 preferred carriers through a stringent carrier approval process. Having received national recognition for its safety initiatives from the ATA and numerous client groups, Dupré uses its “Always Forward Thinking” mantra in partnership with its varying clients. The companies’ capabilities include: shale crude distribution, results-based supply chain management™, HazMat specialists, safety and CSA consulting, third party logistics. From it’s humble beginnings as a 2-truck fuel carrier, Dupré has grown to be an innovative forward thinker in the industry.
Gulf Coast 2013 Winners
- Award for Drilling Excellence - Orion Drilling
- Award for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility - Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship by a Service Provider - Green Energy Oilfield Services, LLC
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Products - Newpark Mats & Integrated Services
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety Operational - Dresser-Rand
- Bulk Trucking Company of the Year - Sun Coast Resources, Inc.
- Consultancy of the Year - Total Safety
- E&P Company of the Year - Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Engineering Company of the Year - Gulf Interstate Engineering
- General Industry Service Award - Eagleford Shale Housing
- Heavy Haul Trucking Company of the Year - Dupré Logistics, LLC
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Supreme Services
- Law Firm of the Year - Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Manufacturer of the Year - HexArmor
- New Technology Development of the Year - General/Products - Select Energy Services
- Recruitment Agency of the Year - The Global Edge Consultants
- Risk Management Provider of the Year - Arthur J. Gallagher Risk Management Services
- Specialty Industry Supplier of the Year - Preferred Technology
- The Oil and Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - Over $1billion - Crestwood Midstream Partners LP
- The Oil and Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - Under $1billion - Contango Oil & Gas Company
- The Preferred Technology Award for Excellence in Well Completion - C&J Energy Services
- The Progressive Energy & Natural Resources Industry Leader - Larry O'Donnell - Rockwater Energy Solutions
- The Progressive Global Energy & Natural Resources Future Industry Leader - Stephen Morgan - TransTex Hunter, LLC
- Water Management Company of the Year - Rockwater Energy Solutions