Engineering Company of the Year, Gulf Coast 2013
Awarded to: Gulf Interstate Engineering
Oil & Gas Awards Judges Comments
“60 years of experience with global reach…international and domestic. Wellhead to export terminals – a major portfolio of projects. Three year OSHA record of zero deaths/injuries/days away. Various community involvement activities, employee volunteerism and the Houston ‘Rebuilding Together’ housing project award for excellence. Demonstrated industry recognition for their performance. Financing strength for large projects. Innovative GIS/Project Management System that saves time.“
Gulf Interstate Engineering – Corporate Overview
Based in Houston, Texas, Gulf has served the energy industry since 1953, providing quality project management, engineering and design, procurement and construction management services to the worldwide oil and gas pipeline industry.
Gulf specializes in the project management and engineering of pipeline systems; a focus that covers onshore pipelines, gathering systems, production facilities, pump and compressor stations, storage terminals and loading facilities. Gulf’s experience and capabilities encompass all aspects of oil and gas production from the wellhead to the export terminal. Gulf also performs turnkey services in partnership with U.S. and international construction firms. Through corporate divisions and affiliates, Gulf provides field inspection and pipeline integrity services for oil and gas transportation systems.
Gulf has achieved a reputation for producing practical, cost-effective and unique solutions to difficult design problems, large and small. We are committed to staying at the forefront of our business, investing in technology that will make a difference on our projects.
Gulf’s leadership, people, technology, flexibility and quality work products have pushed us to the forefront of the energy industry. Gulf consistently ranks among Engineering New Record’s Top 500 Design Firm, Top 150 Global Design Firm and Top International Design Firm. Gulf has also been recognized by the Houston Chronicle and Houston Business Journal.
Gulf Coast 2013 Winners
- Award for Drilling Excellence - Orion Drilling
- Award for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility - Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship by a Service Provider - Green Energy Oilfield Services, LLC
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Products - Newpark Mats & Integrated Services
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety Operational - Dresser-Rand
- Bulk Trucking Company of the Year - Sun Coast Resources, Inc.
- Consultancy of the Year - Total Safety
- E&P Company of the Year - Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Engineering Company of the Year - Gulf Interstate Engineering
- General Industry Service Award - Eagleford Shale Housing
- Heavy Haul Trucking Company of the Year - Dupré Logistics, LLC
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Supreme Services
- Law Firm of the Year - Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Manufacturer of the Year - HexArmor
- New Technology Development of the Year - General/Products - Select Energy Services
- Recruitment Agency of the Year - The Global Edge Consultants
- Risk Management Provider of the Year - Arthur J. Gallagher Risk Management Services
- Specialty Industry Supplier of the Year - Preferred Technology
- The Oil and Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - Over $1billion - Crestwood Midstream Partners LP
- The Oil and Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - Under $1billion - Contango Oil & Gas Company
- The Preferred Technology Award for Excellence in Well Completion - C&J Energy Services
- The Progressive Energy & Natural Resources Industry Leader - Larry O'Donnell - Rockwater Energy Solutions
- The Progressive Global Energy & Natural Resources Future Industry Leader - Stephen Morgan - TransTex Hunter, LLC
- Water Management Company of the Year - Rockwater Energy Solutions