Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative of the Year, Gulf Coast 2012
Awarded to: Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is among the world’s largest independent oil and natural gas exploration and production companies. Anadarko employs more than 5,100 men and women around the world who share a set of core values that includes integrity and trust, servant leadership, commercial focus and open communication. In 2012, Forbes magazine listed Anadarko among the World’s 100 Most Innovative Companies, reflecting Anadarko’s commitment to its mission: To deliver a sustainable rate of return to shareholders by safely exploring for, acquiring and developing oil and natural gas resources vital to the world’s health and welfare.
With premier positions in some of North America’s most prolific, long-lived resource basins, Anadarko is one of the most prominent producers in the onshore United States. The company is most active in the Rockies, Texas and Pennsylvania, where it is focused on developing oil and natural gas from shale formations, tight sands and fractured reservoirs.
In southwest Texas, Anadarko is among the largest producers in the Eagleford Shale. Since beginning operations in 2009, the company and its partners have made significant investments in Dimmit, LaSalle, Maverick and Webb Counties where it produces higher-margin oil and natural gas/condensate. Anadarko is committed to producing energy resources in a manner that protects Texas’ natural resources, and is committed to the shared prosperity of the communities around us. As such, Anadarko’s Eagleford asset team has actively partnered with area schools to nurture science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education, while also promoting health and safety through programs like the SAYES Academy and LiveSafe Rallies.
Gulf Coast 2012 Winners
- Consultancy of the Year - Navigant Consulting
- Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative of the Year - Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Drilling & Well Services Company of the Year - C&J Energy Services, Inc.
- E&P Company of the Year - Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Engineering Company of the Year - Strategy Engineering and Consulting
- Environmental Initiative of the Year - R360 Environmental Solutions
- Health & Safety Initiative of the Year - Industrial Scientific Corporation
- Industry Leader - Gary C. Evans - Magnum Hunter Resources Corporation
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Sulzer
- Insurance Provider of the Year - Aon Corporation
- Law Firm of the Year - Baker Botts L.L.P.
- Manufacturer of the Year - Enviro Voraxial® Technology, Inc.
- Midstream Company of the Year - Williams
- Recruitment Agency of the Year - NES Global Talent
- Terminal of the Year - CRU Logistics, L.L.C.
- Transaction of the Year - EP Energy
- Trucking Company of the Year - Gold Spur Trucking
- Water Management Company of the Year - AbTech Industries, Inc.