VZ Environmental Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship, West Coast 2014
Awarded to: Preferred Sands
Oil & Gas Awards Judges Comments
“Their steps to minimize silica dust exposure are noteworthy. This silica dust issue will be a critical concern in the future.”
“In a time when fracking has become the prevalent means for oil recovery, it is good to see that a company is so concerned with the environment and the health and safety of the communities it serves.“
Preferred Sands – Corporate Overview
Preferred Technology, an affiliate of Preferred Sands, is one of North America’s leading proppant technology and sand manufacturing companies, providing frac sand and technology solutions to oil and natural gas companies in the hydraulic fracturing industry. Launched in 2007, Preferred Technology is the market’s only commercial manufacturer of DustPRO, a cost-effective preventative proppant solution that limits silica dust exposure and meets all current and proposed OSHA standards, and Preferred RCS, the first non-phenolic environmentally-sensitive resin-coated sand technology. With its innovative product development and reclamation projects, the company is not only committed to the protection of the environment but also the health and safety of the communities it serves.
Preferred Technology has been named to Inc. 500’s prestigious annual list of “Fastest Growing Private Companies in America” (2013) and Deloitte Technology Fast 500™ (2013), as well as one of Pennsylvania’s “Best Places to Work.” The company’s innovative RCS product line has also been recognized by the Oil & Gas Awards as the “Environmental Initiative of the Year” for 2013. Additionally, CEO, Michael O’Neill, has been named Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year® in Energy, Cleantech and Natural Resources (2012).
West Coast 2014 Winners
- Award for Drilling Excellence - Baker Hughes
- Award for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility - E&B Natural Resources Management Corporation
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Ensign United States Drilling (California) Inc.
- Construction Company of the Year - EIU of California Inc.
- Consultancy of the Year - Roberts Companies
- E&P Company of the Year - Signal Hill Petroleum
- Engineering Company of the Year - TJ Cross Engineers, Inc.
- Future Industry Leader - Robert Murphy - Chevron
- General Industry Service Award - Tachyus
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Metal Supply, Inc.
- Kenworth Truck Company Oilfield Services Company of the Year - Halliburton
- Manufacturer of the Year - Hawk Industries
- MTS Solutions Industry Leader - Steve Layton - E&B Natural Resources Management Corporation
- New Technology Development of the Year Award - Clearsign Combustion Corporation
- VZ Environmental Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship - Preferred Sands
- Water Management Company of the Year - Water Planet Engineering