MTS Solutions Industry Leader, West Coast 2014
Awarded to: Steve Layton - E&B Natural Resources Management Corporation
Steve Layton – Professional Biography
Steve Layton has served as President of E&B since 2000. During his career, Mr. Layton has built and managed several oil and gas companies. Francesco Galesi, E&B’s chairman, acquired the company almost 15 years ago, establishing a close working relationship that remains today. A leader in his industry, Mr. Layton is a member of the Board of Directors of the California Independent Petroleum Association, the National Petroleum Council and the Louisiana Oil and Gas Association. Mr. Layton has also served as a Director and as a Governor of the Houston Region for the Independent Petroleum Association of America and as the President of the National Stripper Well Association. He is a former member of the Interstate Oil and Gas Compact Commission and is also the recipient of the California Independent Petroleum Association Glenn Ferguson Award. Mr. Layton earned a BS and MBA from the University of Tulsa.
E&B Natural Resources Management Corporation – Corporate Overview
E&B Natural Resources Management Corporation is a Bakersfield, California based independent oil and gas company. Once a small oil and gas company producing 900 boe per day from a handful of legacy fields, E&B has grown rapidly over the past five years. Employing a balanced approach of mature field revitalization, acquisitions, and exploration, E&B now produces over 10,000 boepd from 25+ oil and gas fields located in California, Louisiana, Kansas and Wyoming. With over 300 dedicated employees focused on all areas of growth and production, E&B is one of the largest privately owned oil and gas companies in California and is a recognized leader within the exploration and production industry.
West Coast 2014 Winners
- Award for Drilling Excellence - Baker Hughes
- Award for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility - E&B Natural Resources Management Corporation
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Ensign United States Drilling (California) Inc.
- Construction Company of the Year - EIU of California Inc.
- Consultancy of the Year - Roberts Companies
- E&P Company of the Year - Signal Hill Petroleum
- Engineering Company of the Year - TJ Cross Engineers, Inc.
- Future Industry Leader - Robert Murphy - Chevron
- General Industry Service Award - Tachyus
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Metal Supply, Inc.
- Kenworth Truck Company Oilfield Services Company of the Year - Halliburton
- Manufacturer of the Year - Hawk Industries
- MTS Solutions Industry Leader - Steve Layton - E&B Natural Resources Management Corporation
- New Technology Development of the Year Award - Clearsign Combustion Corporation
- VZ Environmental Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship - Preferred Sands
- Water Management Company of the Year - Water Planet Engineering