Award for Drilling Excellence, West Coast 2014
Awarded to: Baker Hughes
Oil & Gas Awards Judges Comments
“Very sound technical approach to anti-collision incorporating customer data into a 3D viewer to allow rapid visualization. Includes geologic models with the use of auto trak and co-pilot. State of the art software. Sufficient planning and checklists. Strong safety concerns.”
“Very strong in operational excellence and use of directional or new drilling technologies. Baker also had a strong showing in demonstration of the effective use of this technology.”
Baker Hughes – Corporate Overview
Baker Hughes Incorporated (NYSE: BHI) provides technology and services that enable the safe, affordable delivery of energy to the world. The Company has served the oil and gas industry for more than a century, and employs a diverse workforce of approximately 59,000 people in more than 80 countries.
Baker Hughes is a leading innovator in the design, construction and production of oil and gas wells. Today, the Company creates value by improving the conversion efficiency of well construction, integrating technology and services to accelerate and optimize hydrocarbon production, and researching new ways to increase ultimate recovery.
Beyond the upstream sector of the oil and industry, Baker Hughes serves the midstream and downstream markets with technologies and chemistries that ensure safe, reliable transmission and processing of hydrocarbons.
With a clear understanding of industry challenges now and in the future, Baker Hughes combines innovative technology with superior service and dynamic business models to deliver differential value for customers and shareholders.
West Coast 2014 Winners
- Award for Drilling Excellence - Baker Hughes
- Award for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility - E&B Natural Resources Management Corporation
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Ensign United States Drilling (California) Inc.
- Construction Company of the Year - EIU of California Inc.
- Consultancy of the Year - Roberts Companies
- E&P Company of the Year - Signal Hill Petroleum
- Engineering Company of the Year - TJ Cross Engineers, Inc.
- Future Industry Leader - Robert Murphy - Chevron
- General Industry Service Award - Tachyus
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Metal Supply, Inc.
- Kenworth Truck Company Oilfield Services Company of the Year - Halliburton
- Manufacturer of the Year - Hawk Industries
- MTS Solutions Industry Leader - Steve Layton - E&B Natural Resources Management Corporation
- New Technology Development of the Year Award - Clearsign Combustion Corporation
- VZ Environmental Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship - Preferred Sands
- Water Management Company of the Year - Water Planet Engineering