Law Firm of the Year, West Coast 2013
Awarded to: Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
Oil & Gas Awards Judges Comments
“Long term commitment and dedication to the oil and gas industry. Impressive staff and history of service.”
“Advisor to a wide spectrum of oil and gas entities. General counsel to CIPA which includes over 500 oil and gas companies.”
Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP – Corporate Overview
Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP, is a powerhouse in the area of energy law, particularly with regard to the oil and gas industry, where Manatt attorneys have been leaders for more than three decades. The Firm is a trusted, sought-after advisor to a wide spectrum of oil and gas entities (upstream, midstream and downstream), and on a variety of topics (hydraulic fracturing constraints, mergers and acquisitions, crisis management, regulatory development, and dispute resolution).
In addition, Manatt is general counsel to the California Independent Petroleum Association, which includes more than 500 independent crude oil and natural gas producers, royalty owners, and service and supply companies that comprise 70 percent of California’s total oil production and 90 percent of the state’s natural gas production.
Manatt’s team of accomplished energy lawyers, led by Craig A. Moyer and David L. Huard, helps clients navigate complex and diverse challenges. We combine practical, real-world solutions with forward-thinking, proactive counsel to help our clients successfully understand and respond to developments in the energy industry and achieve their business objectives.
A thought leader in the industry, Manatt regularly convenes an invitation-only “Energy Forum,” with roundtable discussions among current and former senior officials from the state and national energy arenas, as well as prominent industry executives. Past keynote speakers have included U.S. Congressman Kevin McCarthy and California Governor Jerry Brown.
West Coast 2013 Winners
- Construction Company of the Year - The Source Group, Inc.
- Corporate Consultancy of the Year - Brown Armstrong Certified Public Accountants
- Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative of the Year - Signal Hill Petroleum, Inc
- Drilling Company of the Year - Kenai Drilling
- E&P Company of the Year - Hathaway, LLC
- Engineering Company of the Year, Inc. - TJ Cross Engineers, Inc.
- Environmental Initiative of the Year by a Service Provider - Baker Hughes
- Environmental Initiative of the Year by an E&P Company - E&B Natural Resources Management Corporation
- Geophysical Company of the Year - NodalSeismic, LLC
- Health & Safety Initiative of the Year - Sage Environmental Consulting L.P.
- Industry Supplier of the Year - J.D. Rush Company, Inc.
- Law Firm of the Year - Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Manufacturer of the Year - Celanese
- Oil & Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - Freeport McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc.
- Oilfield Service Company of the Year - Halliburton
- Operational Consultancy of the Year - Total Safety
- Risk Management Provider of the Year - Commercial Global Insurance Services of California, LLC
- Trucking Company of the Year - Gazelle Transportation, Inc.