Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative of the Year, West Coast 2013
Awarded to: Signal Hill Petroleum, Inc
Oil & Gas Awards Judges Comments
“An excellent body of work. Signal Hill devotes significant resources to CSR.”
“Very impressed with this companies wide-based community focused approach. Signal Hill is in the trenches with the community dealing with environmental, family, people in need while also providing some fun outlets and even competition that involves a science aspect.”
Signal Hill Petroleum, Inc – Corporate Overview
Signal Hill Petroleum is a privately owned California-based energy company that specializes in exploration, development and production of crude oil and natural gas in urban areas. The SHP mission is to grow a profitable exploration and production company in a safe and sustainable manner for the long- term benefit of shareholders, employees, royalty owners and the community.
Signal Hill Petroleum is dedicated to its communities, environment, and to providing domestic energy resources for generations to come. With a set of core values rooted in a transparent business philosophy, honest approach, and concern for the environment, the company strives to be an excellent neighbor and community partner.
On both corporate and individual levels, SHP gives time and money to schools, hospitals, chambers of commerce, and non-profit organizations. In just the last few years, they have donated more than half a million dollars, and countless hours of volunteer and company time. They have contributed $250,000 to build a new Science & Math Building at California State University, Long Beach, over $140,000 to park programs in Long Beach and Signal Hill, as well as donations to the Long Beach Library Foundation, and the Women’s Shelter of Long Beach.
West Coast 2013 Winners
- Construction Company of the Year - The Source Group, Inc.
- Corporate Consultancy of the Year - Brown Armstrong Certified Public Accountants
- Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative of the Year - Signal Hill Petroleum, Inc
- Drilling Company of the Year - Kenai Drilling
- E&P Company of the Year - Hathaway, LLC
- Engineering Company of the Year, Inc. - TJ Cross Engineers, Inc.
- Environmental Initiative of the Year by a Service Provider - Baker Hughes
- Environmental Initiative of the Year by an E&P Company - E&B Natural Resources Management Corporation
- Geophysical Company of the Year - NodalSeismic, LLC
- Health & Safety Initiative of the Year - Sage Environmental Consulting L.P.
- Industry Supplier of the Year - J.D. Rush Company, Inc.
- Law Firm of the Year - Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Manufacturer of the Year - Celanese
- Oil & Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - Freeport McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc.
- Oilfield Service Company of the Year - Halliburton
- Operational Consultancy of the Year - Total Safety
- Risk Management Provider of the Year - Commercial Global Insurance Services of California, LLC
- Trucking Company of the Year - Gazelle Transportation, Inc.