Award for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility, Gulf Coast 2018
Awarded to: Cheniere Energy, Inc.
“To see the Oil & Gas industry step up in times of crisis in the way they did after Hurricane Harvey is heartwarming. I’m sure Cheniere’s donation to the Red Cross helped those who needed it most at a difficult time.”
“It is clear from their entry that Cheniere take their corporate giving responsibility seriously, with examples of charitable events and donations throughout the year.”
Cheniere Energy, Inc. (Cheniere), is a Houston-based energy company primarily engaged in LNG-related businesses. We own and operate the Sabine Pass LNG receiving terminal and Creole Trail Pipeline located in Louisiana, through our general partner ownership interest in and management agreements with Cheniere Energy Partners, L.P. (Cheniere Partners) and our partial ownership interest in Cheniere Energy Partners LP Holdings, LLC.
Cheniere Partners is developing, constructing and operating a liquefaction project at the Sabine Pass LNG terminal, adjacent to the existing regasification facilities for up to six trains, with expected aggregate nominal production capacity, which is prior to adjusting for planned maintenance, production reliability and potential overdesign, of approximately 27.0 mtpa of LNG.
Cheniere is developing and constructing additional liquefaction facilities near Corpus Christi, Texas (the Corpus Christi LNG terminal). The Corpus Christi LNG terminal is being designed for up to five trains, with expected aggregate nominal production capacity, which is prior to adjusting for planned maintenance, production reliability and potential overdesign, of approximately 22.5 mtpa of LNG, three LNG storage tanks with capacity of approximately 13.5 Bcfe and two marine berths.
Cheniere is also engaged in the LNG and natural gas marketing business. Through its subsidiary, Cheniere Marketing, LLC (together with its subsidiaries, Cheniere Marketing), it is developing a portfolio of long, medium and short-term SPAs offering LNG on an FOB or DAT basis.
Cheniere continues to evaluate the energy markets for additional development and/or marketing opportunities that would leverage the existing platform and strategically fit within the Cheniere organization.
Gulf Coast 2018 Winners
- Award for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility - Cheniere Energy, Inc.
- Award for Excellence in Drilling - Scientific Drilling International
- Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship - Evergreen Chemical Solutions
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - NuStar Energy L.P.
- Consultancy of the Year - Smith & Burgess
- Future Industry Leader - Rhett Bennett - Black Mountain
- General Industry Service Award - Texas Star Alliance – Energy Solutions
- Industry Leader - Rick Shock - Atlas Oil Company
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Eagle Pipe, LLC
- Kerr Pumps & FlowValve Award for Excellence in Well Completion - C&J Energy Services
- Manufacturer of the Year - Blackline Safety
- New Technology Development of the Year - Xedia Process Solutions
- Oilfield Service Company of the Year - Line Quest, LLC
- Recruitment Agency of the Year - The Global Edge Consultants
- Trucking Company of the Year - JHJ Hearn Trucking, LLC
- Water Management Company of the Year - Select Energy Services