Manufacturer of the Year, Texas 2016
Awarded to: Energy Recovery, Inc.
“VorTeq reduces wear and tear on equipment.”
“The licensing deal with Schlumberger speaks volumes; I can see the product being implemented across the globe in the next few years. Anything that improves efficiency in the field is a must at the moment.”
Energy Recovery, Inc. – Corporate Overview
Energy Recovery, Inc. (NASDAQ:ERII) converts pressure energy into a usable asset and preserves pumps subject to hostile processing environments, such as with its VorTeqTM system and the industry leading PX Pressure Exchanger. Within the oil & gas, chemicals, and water industries, its products save clients more than $1.7 billion annually.
For hydraulic fracturing engineers, one of the biggest problems on the jobsite is pump failure. VorTeq uses Energy Recovery’s revolutionary PX Pressure Exchanger technology to re-route abrasive proppants away from high-pressure pumps. It ensures that only pure water touches the pumps, extending pump lifespans to new levels.
VorTeq uses Energy Recovery’s industry leading PX Pressure Exchanger technology to re-route abrasive proppants away from highpressure pumps. It ensures that only pure water touches the high-pressure pumps, extending the pump lifespan
to new industry levels.
VorTeq defends high-pressure pumps through major advancements in both engineering and materials science. Made from tungsten carbide, the heart of
the VorTeq hydraulic pumping system is 1,000x more abrasionresistant
than steel. Engineered with a single moveable part, it’s designed to endure extraordinarily high pressures, high flows, extreme temperatures and harsh proppants.
The VorTeq hydraulic pumping system is manufactured as a complete manifold trailer, and fits into a frac fleet like a traditional missile.
Since VorTeq handles abrasive proppants and extends the life of pumps, operators can also explore new ways to configure frac sites, including swapping positive displacement pumps with more efficient pumping solutions, and using idle equipment at other sites.
Texas 2016 Winners
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Operational - Total Safety
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Product - Enviro Vat
- Construction Company of the Year - Repcon, Inc.
- Consultancy of the Year - Applied Consultants
- Engineering Company of the Year - Landpoint, LLC
- General Industry Service Award - Well Master Corporation
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Sandbags, LLC
- Kerr Pumps & FlowValve Award for Excellence in Well Completion - C&J Energy Services
- Law Firm of the Year - Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- Manufacturer of the Year - Energy Recovery, Inc.
- Midstream Company of the Year - Enbridge Inc.
- New Technology Development of the Year Award - Blackhawk Specialty Tolls, LLC
- Oilfield Services Company of the Year - ENSERVCO Corporation
- PR Newswire Award for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility - Apache Corporation
- Recruitment Agency of the Year - Airswift
- The Global Edge Consultants Future Industry Leader - Shawn R. Hailey - Line Quest, LLC
- The Oil & Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - Noble Energy
- Themark Corporation E&P Company of the Year - Occidental Petroleum Corporation
- Trucking Company of the Year - GM Oilfield & Trucking Services, LLC
- VZ Environmental Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship - Sand X
- Water Management Company of the Year - APATEQ
- Workforce Housing Provider of the Year - Eagle Ford Shale Housing