Future Industry Leader Award, Southwest 2015
Awarded to: Stephen Cravens - YPE
Oil & Gas Awards Judges Comments
“Mr. Cravens has already made a huge inspirational contribution to all the Young Professionals in Energy. In addition, Mr. Cravens has an impressive technical knowledge and experience in his field.”
Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. – Corporate Overview
Young Professionals in Energy (YPE) is a non-profit organization with more than 40,000 members worldwide. By providing a forum for networking and career development through social, educational and civic service opportunities, YPE aims to facilitate the advancement of young professionals in the global energy industry. YPE runs a year-round calendar of events in 40 chapters around the world.
Mr. Cravens coordinates global YPE operations and leads efforts to empower leadership at the local level. He currently serves as CEO of Sutton Hill, a boutique advisory firm focused exclusively on providing fundraising and investor relations services to private equity firms in North America. Previously, he led the private equity fund analytics group at Cogent Partners, serving institutional and family office limited partners globally. In this capacity, asset owners leveraged Mr. Cravens for specialized private equity fund due diligence, valuation, and liquidity advisory assignments – including those that involved “sell vs. hold” decisions. Cogent Partners, recently acquired by Greenhill, pioneered the secondary market for private equity and is the leading sell-side advisor worldwide for LP stakes.
Mr. Cravens has also worked as a member of the investment team at First Reserve, the largest and oldest private equity firm focused on the energy industry with over $26 billion raised since inception. He was responsible for all aspects of the investment process, ranging from deal origination and structuring to due diligence, execution and monitoring.
In addition, he has served in an executive role as chief revenue officer for Century Interactive, a private equity-backed marketing analytics company. Mr. Cravens began his career as an analyst in the global energy group at UBS, where he led financial modeling and process-oriented responsibilities in support of potential and actual advisory and capital markets transactions. Mr. Cravens holds a BBA from the University of Texas at Austin and MBA from the Harvard Business School. He lives in Dallas with his wife, McCall, and two children.
Southwest 2015 Winners
- Award for Drilling Excellence - Ensign Energy Services
- Award for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility - Apache Corporation
- Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Operational - Aveda Transportation and Energy Services
- Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Products - TekSolv
- Consultancy of the Year - KJE., Inc.
- Engineering Company of the Year - Landpoint, LLC.
- Future Industry Leader Award - Stephen Cravens - YPE
- General Industry Service Award - Well Master Corporation
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Chemplex Solvay Group
- Manufacturer of the Year - Sand X
- Midstream Company of the Year - Enlink Midstream
- New Technology Development of the Year - Products - Drillform Technical Services LTD.
- New Technology Development of the Year - Software Application - Trimble, Geospatial Division
- Oilfield Services Company of the Year - Frank's International N.V
- The Oil & Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - Encana Corporation
- Themark Corporation E&P Company of the Year - Occidental Petroleum Corporation
- Trucking Company of the Year - Presented by Kenworth - Ryder Systems
- VZ Environmental Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship - Houston Advanced Research Center
- Water Management Company of the Year - MIOX Corporation