VZ Environmental Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship, Southwest 2015
Awarded to: Houston Advanced Research Center
Oil & Gas Awards Judges Comments
“The industry needs more advocates like these guys!”
“HARC addresses specific regional and industry challenges. Their outreach/ technology transfer in 2014 is remarkable and the virtual site provides valuable education and training. Their approach to environmental issues deserves notice.“
Houston Advanced Research Center – Corporate Overview
The Environmentally Friendly Drilling Systems Program is managed by the Houston Advanced Research Center (HARC). HARC, a 501(c)3 research organization, provides analysis on energy, air, and water issues to people seeking scientific answers. It is focused on building a sustainable future that helps people thrive and nature flourish. ￼￼￼￼The Environmentally Friendly Drilling Systems (EFD) program, managed by HARC, provides unbiased science to address environmental aspects of all oil and gas operations. EFD identifies, develops, and transfers critical, cost effective technologies, from site selection through gas compression, in order to provide policy makers and industry with the ability to develop reserves in a safe and environmentally friendly manner. EFD integrates several projects and programs funded by RPSEA, the U.S. Department of Energy through the National Energy Technology Laboratory, as well as private industry, foundations and environmental organizations. Additional funding is from the U.S. Department of Interior through the Coastal Impact Assistance Program managed by the Texas General Land Office. Successes in innovations, implementing new processes, and introducing social and economic development efforts have significantly influenced industry HSE practices and Sustainable Development, over the 10 years that EFD has been working in the area. The EFD Team has performed projects throughout the Midcontinent/Southwest region, including West Texas, North Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas. EFD has provided a unique opportunity for industry, academia, environmental organizations, researchers and government to collaborate in a systematic approach to improve safety and environmental stewardship while increasing production of oil and gas through a variety of efforts.
Southwest 2015 Winners
- Award for Drilling Excellence - Ensign Energy Services
- Award for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility - Apache Corporation
- Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Operational - Aveda Transportation and Energy Services
- Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Products - TekSolv
- Consultancy of the Year - KJE., Inc.
- Engineering Company of the Year - Landpoint, LLC.
- Future Industry Leader Award - Stephen Cravens - YPE
- General Industry Service Award - Well Master Corporation
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Chemplex Solvay Group
- Manufacturer of the Year - Sand X
- Midstream Company of the Year - Enlink Midstream
- New Technology Development of the Year - Products - Drillform Technical Services LTD.
- New Technology Development of the Year - Software Application - Trimble, Geospatial Division
- Oilfield Services Company of the Year - Frank's International N.V
- The Oil & Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - Encana Corporation
- Themark Corporation E&P Company of the Year - Occidental Petroleum Corporation
- Trucking Company of the Year - Presented by Kenworth - Ryder Systems
- VZ Environmental Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship - Houston Advanced Research Center
- Water Management Company of the Year - MIOX Corporation