VZ Environmental Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship, Southwest 2014
Awarded to: Newpark Drilling Fluids
Oil & Gas Awards Judges Comments
“The strength of the commitment of Newpark Drilling Fluids to innovation, safety and customer service in the provision of leading-edge drilling fluids to support oil and gas drilling activities worldwide is amply demonstrated by the company’s growth, its reputation, and the recognition it has received for customer satisfaction and engineering.”
“Newpark’s Evolution Water-based Fluid System highlights the innovations in the oil and gas industry, as well as being a creative way around an environmental hazard.“
Newpark Drilling Fluids – Corporate Overview
Based in Houston, Newpark Drilling Fluids (NDF) is a full-service drilling fluids company, and has expanded rapidly since its formation in 1997. Newpark has provided drilling fluid products and service excellence to thousands of wells on six continents. A leading provider in the U.S. and Canada, the company credits its rapid growth to its unique approach to customer service and efficiency improvement programs, fostered by a professional staff carefully chosen to mesh with the company’s business strategy.
Newpark provides technologically advanced products and fluid systems supported by innovative project management and implementation to achieve operational efficiency in technically complex wells and harsh drilling environments. Newpark’s product development eyes performance with environmental acceptability.
Its Evolution®high-performance, water-based drilling fluid system is a unique clay-free, polymer system, initially developed for unconventional shale horizontal sections, and is a proven alternative to oil-based drilling fluids.
Newpark seeks differentiation in its fluids segment through development of proprietary engineering software and analysis systems, to foster superior customer support and interaction.
Newpark’s U.S. service activity averages several hundred rigs, with supply managed through a mature network of distribution centers. The company is active in the offshore GOM market, including deepwater locations, and in most U.S. areas of drilling activity, including onshore Texas and Louisiana, the Mid-Continent, Rocky Mountains and in the many other unconventional shale plays of North America.
Southwest 2014 Winners
- Award for Drilling Excellence - Baker Hughes
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Operational - FTS
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Products - Preferred Technology
- Award for Excellence in Well Completion - Halliburton
- Construction Company of the Year - RWI Construction
- Consultancy of the Year - Total Safety
- E&P Company of the Year - BHP Billiton
- Engineering Company of the Year - Landpoint, Inc.
- Future Industry Leader - Randy Kurek - Iron Fox Trucking
- General Industry Service Award - Cotton Logistics
- Industry Leader - John Schmitz - Select Energy Services
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Aggreko
- Kenworth Truck Company Trucking Company of the Year - Lake Truck Lines, Inc.
- Manufacturer of the Year - Astro Thermal Tec Inc.
- New Technology Development of the Year - General/Products - Energy Recovery, Inc.
- New Technology Development of the Year Award - Software Application - Enbase Solutions
- Oil & Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - EnLink Midstream
- Oilfield Services Company of the Year - Halliburton
- PLH Midstream Company of the Year - Bridger, LLC
- VZ Environmental Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship - Newpark Drilling Fluids
- Water Management Company of the Year - Halliburton