Kenworth Truck Company Trucking Company of the Year, Southwest 2014
Awarded to: Lake Truck Lines, Inc.
Oil & Gas Awards Judges Comments
“Lake’s rise within the energy sector is near meteoric. With a dedication to core values of work ethic and trust and the introduction of many services, this success is unsurprising. Clear commitment to staff and the community too. Great work!”
“Explained how they met or exceeded this category’s requirements. Very impressive data and truck management.”
Lake Truck Lines, Inc. – Corporate Overview
From Lakes beginnings in Houston in 1949 with four trucks to over 100 units at 8 locations in 2 states the company has always sought to challenge competitors, economic conditions, conventional thinking but mostly itself. By always asking itself ‘What’s the Next Step?’ Lake is always able to come up with new and innovative ways to learn about and serve the clients up and coming unmet needs.
Lakes expansion into the Eagle Ford and Permian Basin oilfields just 30 months ago are what brought Lake into the forefront of the oilfield logistics industry. Lake provides dedicated or first call transportation service to three of the four largest oilfield service companies in the world. By specializing in just two vital areas of the drilling process, drilling fluids and cementing, Lake is the recognized expert in the field.
But Douglas Cain is never one to be satisfied with his present success. It has been said that Mr. Cain looks two mountains over to determine his next goal. With the development of Lake Oilfield Services and its Lake Transloading and Lake Manufacturing Divisions, Lake has been able to engineer, design, build and market the vital equipment needed for its oilfield clients.
Southwest 2014 Winners
- Award for Drilling Excellence - Baker Hughes
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Operational - FTS
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Products - Preferred Technology
- Award for Excellence in Well Completion - Halliburton
- Construction Company of the Year - RWI Construction
- Consultancy of the Year - Total Safety
- E&P Company of the Year - BHP Billiton
- Engineering Company of the Year - Landpoint, Inc.
- Future Industry Leader - Randy Kurek - Iron Fox Trucking
- General Industry Service Award - Cotton Logistics
- Industry Leader - John Schmitz - Select Energy Services
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Aggreko
- Kenworth Truck Company Trucking Company of the Year - Lake Truck Lines, Inc.
- Manufacturer of the Year - Astro Thermal Tec Inc.
- New Technology Development of the Year - General/Products - Energy Recovery, Inc.
- New Technology Development of the Year Award - Software Application - Enbase Solutions
- Oil & Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - EnLink Midstream
- Oilfield Services Company of the Year - Halliburton
- PLH Midstream Company of the Year - Bridger, LLC
- VZ Environmental Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship - Newpark Drilling Fluids
- Water Management Company of the Year - Halliburton