Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Products, Southwest 2014
Awarded to: Preferred Technology
Oil & Gas Awards Judges Comments
“Given the high visibility of silica exposure and the proposed OSHA regulations, Preferred Sands has developed an environmentally friendly way to reduce dust and control the proppant. Their work with the Tern and Plover Conservation Partnership is memorable as well.”
“Innovative “DustPro” resin technology silica dust-coated proppant solution offers an answer to dust control which meets and exceeds current and future silica dust exposure limits. Given the myriad set of compliance challenges surrounded by the intense political dynamic around hydraulic fracturing, this product stands to continue to have significant positive impacts going forward.”
Preferred Technology – Corporate Overview
Preferred Technology, an affiliate of Preferred Sands, is one of North America’s leading proppant technology and sand manufacturing companies, providing frac sand and technology solutions to oil and natural gas companies in the hydraulic fracturing industry. Launched in 2007, Preferred Technology is the market’s only commercial manufacturer of DustPRO, a cost-effective preventative proppant solution that limits silica dust exposure and meets all current and proposed OSHA standards, and Preferred RCS, the first non-phenolic environmentally-sensitive resin-coated sand technology. With its innovative product development and reclamation projects, the company is not only committed to the protection of the environment but also the health and safety of the communities it serves.
Preferred Technology has been named to Inc. 500’s prestigious annual list of “Fastest Growing Private Companies in America” (2013) and Deloitte Technology Fast 500™ (2013), as well as one of Pennsylvania’s “Best Places to Work.” The company’s innovative RCS product line has also been recognized by the Oil & Gas Awards as the “Environmental Initiative of the Year” for 2013. Additionally, CEO, Michael O’Neill, has been named Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year® in Energy, Cleantech and Natural Resources (2012).
Southwest 2014 Winners
- Award for Drilling Excellence - Baker Hughes
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Operational - FTS
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Products - Preferred Technology
- Award for Excellence in Well Completion - Halliburton
- Construction Company of the Year - RWI Construction
- Consultancy of the Year - Total Safety
- E&P Company of the Year - BHP Billiton
- Engineering Company of the Year - Landpoint, Inc.
- Future Industry Leader - Randy Kurek - Iron Fox Trucking
- General Industry Service Award - Cotton Logistics
- Industry Leader - John Schmitz - Select Energy Services
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Aggreko
- Kenworth Truck Company Trucking Company of the Year - Lake Truck Lines, Inc.
- Manufacturer of the Year - Astro Thermal Tec Inc.
- New Technology Development of the Year - General/Products - Energy Recovery, Inc.
- New Technology Development of the Year Award - Software Application - Enbase Solutions
- Oil & Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - EnLink Midstream
- Oilfield Services Company of the Year - Halliburton
- PLH Midstream Company of the Year - Bridger, LLC
- VZ Environmental Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship - Newpark Drilling Fluids
- Water Management Company of the Year - Halliburton