Award for Drilling Excellence, Southwest 2014
Awarded to: Baker Hughes
Oil & Gas Awards Judges Comments
“Baker Hughes application was strong in the area of innovation, new technologies (Kymera hybrid bit) and turnkey drilling solutions and their data backed it up.”
“Developed an integrated “fit for purpose” solution for drilling in the challenging Cotton Valley formation increasing ROP by more than 36% and reducing rig time by more than 4 days.”
Baker Hughes – Corporate Overview
Baker Hughes Incorporated (NYSE: BHI) provides technology and services that enable the safe, affordable delivery of energy to the world. The Company has served the oil and gas industry for more than a century, and employs a diverse workforce of approximately 59,000 people in more than 80 countries.
Baker Hughes is a leading innovator in the design, construction and production of oil and gas wells. Today, the Company creates value by improving the conversion efficiency of well construction, integrating technology and services to accelerate and optimize hydrocarbon production, and researching new ways to increase ultimate recovery.
Beyond the upstream sector of the oil and industry, Baker Hughes serves the midstream and downstream markets with technologies and chemistries that ensure safe, reliable transmission and processing of hydrocarbons.
With a clear understanding of industry challenges now and in the future, Baker Hughes combines innovative technology with superior service and dynamic business models to deliver differential value for customers and shareholders.
Southwest 2014 Winners
- Award for Drilling Excellence - Baker Hughes
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Operational - FTS
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Products - Preferred Technology
- Award for Excellence in Well Completion - Halliburton
- Construction Company of the Year - RWI Construction
- Consultancy of the Year - Total Safety
- E&P Company of the Year - BHP Billiton
- Engineering Company of the Year - Landpoint, Inc.
- Future Industry Leader - Randy Kurek - Iron Fox Trucking
- General Industry Service Award - Cotton Logistics
- Industry Leader - John Schmitz - Select Energy Services
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Aggreko
- Kenworth Truck Company Trucking Company of the Year - Lake Truck Lines, Inc.
- Manufacturer of the Year - Astro Thermal Tec Inc.
- New Technology Development of the Year - General/Products - Energy Recovery, Inc.
- New Technology Development of the Year Award - Software Application - Enbase Solutions
- Oil & Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - EnLink Midstream
- Oilfield Services Company of the Year - Halliburton
- PLH Midstream Company of the Year - Bridger, LLC
- VZ Environmental Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship - Newpark Drilling Fluids
- Water Management Company of the Year - Halliburton