Bulk Trucking Company of the Year, Southwest 2013
Awarded to: Sun Coast Resources, Inc.
Oil & Gas Awards Judges Comments
“What an impressive story of against all odds. A woman entering a male dominated industry with $2,000 in 1985 and growing it into a company that is generating $2 billion in revenues. The Houston Business Journal and Houston Chronicle recognized the company as one of the best places to work in 2012. Additionally, the founder is giving back to the community by mentoring future entrepreneurs through her involvement through Junior Achievement.”
“Their annual fuel sales totalled in excess of 500 million gallons and the company transported over a billion gallons of fuel and condensate through the region. Sun Coast supports numerous charities and enjoys teaching under privileged children about the free enterprise system.”
Sun Coast Resources, Inc. – Corporate Overview
Sun Coast Resources, Inc., is the largest woman owned business in Texas. The Company was founded by Kathy Lehne in 1985, with an investment of $2,000 and a dream. Since then, Sun Coast’s annual revenues have grown to nearly $2 billion thanks to the vision and commitment of Kathy, coupled with sensational customer focus from Sun Coast’s other 1,800 professionals. Sun Coast markets quality petroleum products & lubricants on a wholesale basis to thousands of commercial, retail, and government entities, and offers a nationally recognized emergency response fuel program, fuel, specialty chemical and crude oil transportation services, used oil pick up, oil filtration and purification, and numerous other related products and services throughout 40 states. The Company’s modern delivery fleet of approximately 1,000 units operates around the clock every day of the year providing the fuels and services that companies desperately need to keep them up and running. Sun Coast has 16 office, warehouse and bulk plant facilities, conveniently located in high demand areas in Texas, Louisiana and Oklahoma, to better serve its growing and complex customer base. Sun Coast has become the “go to” company for so many operations who are a critical link in keeping America’s economy on track.
Simply stated: Sun Coast delivers!
Southwest 2013 Winners
- Bulk Trucking Company of the Year - Sun Coast Resources, Inc.
- Construction Company of the Year - Hammer Construction
- Consultancy of the Year - P2 Energy Solutions
- Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative of the Year - Honeywell
- Drilling Company of the Year - Precision Drilling Corporation
- Environmental Initiative of the Year - Select Energy Services
- Future Industry Leader - Ryan Boschetti - Hunt Oil Company
- General Industry Service Award - Geoforce
- Health & Safety Initiative of the Year - Dresser-Rand
- Heavy Haul Trucking Company of the Year - Lake Truck Lines
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Supreme Services
- Manufacturer of the Year - National Oilwell Varco
- Midstream Company of the Year - Crosstex Energy, LP
- Oil & Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year < $1bn - Harbinger Group, Inc.
- Oil & Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year > $1bn - Energy Transfer Partners
- Recruitment Agency of the Year - Swift Worldwide Resources
- Risk Management Provider of the Year - Lockton Marine & Energy of the Lockton Companies, LLC
- Specialty Industry Supplier of the Year - VZ Environmental
- Water Management Company of the Year - TETRA® Technologies, Inc.
- Well Completion Company of the Year - NCS Energy Services, LLC