Industry Leader, Rocky Mountain 2015
Awarded to: James J. Volker - Whiting Petroleum Corporation
Oil & Gas Awards Judges Comments
“Not only have Whiting created the largest Bakken/Three Forks production with over 107,000 BOEP/D, the efficiency benefits are impressive through complimentary acreage positions and the increase in the combined number of drilling locations.”
“The upside potential for both companies is very strong, with also very clever tax planning for the Kodiak shareholders.”
Whiting Petroleum Corporation – Corporate Overview
Whiting Petroleum is an independent exploration and production company with an oil focused asset base. We control one of the largest acreage positions in the Bakken resource play in North Dakota, where we are the #2 oil producer in the state. We also operate one of the largest enhanced oil recovery projects in the United States at our North Ward Estes Field in the Permian Basin of Texas.
Whiting aims to deliver sustainable growth through a combination of our high return Bakken assets and our long lived enhanced oil recovery projects. Whiting is headquartered in Denver, Colorado where we operate one of the few in-house geoscience core labs in the oil and gas industry.￼￼
Rocky Mountain 2015 Winners
- Award for Drilling Excellence - Pioneer Energy Services
- Award for Excellence for Corporate Social Responsibility - Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - CDM Resource Management, LLC
- Award for Excellence in Well Completion - Calfrac Well Services
- Construction Company of the Year - Loenbro
- Consultancy of the Year - Total Safety
- Engineering Company of the Year - Samuel Engineering, Inc.
- Future Industry Leader Award - Patrick E. Hughley - Enbridge
- General Industry Service Award - Well Master
- Industry Leader - James J. Volker - Whiting Petroleum Corporation
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Border States Electric
- Loenbro Midstream Company of the Year - Crestwood Midstream Partners, LP.
- Manufacturer of the Year - Kerr Pumps & FlowValve
- New Technology Development of the Year - General / Products - Applied Control Equipment
- Oilfield Services Company of the Year - Fortis Energy Services, Inc.
- The Oil & Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - Over $1Bn - Whiting Petroleum Corporation
- The Oil & Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - Under $1Bn - Legacy Reserves, LP
- Themark Corporation E&P Company of the Year - EOG Resources
- Trucking Company of the Year - Presented by Kenworth - Cruz Energy Services
- VZ Environmental Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship - LT Environmental
- Water Management Company of the Year - Themark Corporation