Award for Excellence for Corporate Social Responsibility, Rocky Mountain 2015
Awarded to: Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
Oil & Gas Awards Judges Comments
“Anadarko’s Water on Demand system is an impressive way to utilize primarily non-potable water to provide for multiple needs while greatly reducing vehicle trips from water hauling (producing environmental and safety benefits).”
“The sheer scale of Anadarko’s direct community engagement is daunting, almost placing them in a class of their own. The company’s strong commitment to its clearly articulated categories of volunteerism (Youth, Arts & Culture, Health & Human Services, Education, and the Environment) coupled with its successful emphasis on employee involvement in their community relations elevates them above the other fine candidates for the CSR Award. Particularly notable were the hours put in by employees in youth monitoring and education.”
“Successfully and economically implemented various projects to help the environment; spill reduction, water conservation, and use of an all-electric drilling rig (reduced noise and CO2 emissions and lower fuel costs). Also implemented techniques to reduce light and sound associated with drilling operations. Reduced pad size with single locations for frac equipment.”
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation – Corporate Overview
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation’s mission is to deliver a competitive and sustainable rate of return to shareholders by exploring for, acquiring and developing oil and natural gas resources vital to the world’s health and welfare. As of year-end 2013, the company had approximately 2.79 billion barrels-equivalent of proved reserves, making it one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies.
Rocky Mountain 2015 Winners
- Award for Drilling Excellence - Pioneer Energy Services
- Award for Excellence for Corporate Social Responsibility - Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - CDM Resource Management, LLC
- Award for Excellence in Well Completion - Calfrac Well Services
- Construction Company of the Year - Loenbro
- Consultancy of the Year - Total Safety
- Engineering Company of the Year - Samuel Engineering, Inc.
- Future Industry Leader Award - Patrick E. Hughley - Enbridge
- General Industry Service Award - Well Master
- Industry Leader - James J. Volker - Whiting Petroleum Corporation
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Border States Electric
- Loenbro Midstream Company of the Year - Crestwood Midstream Partners, LP.
- Manufacturer of the Year - Kerr Pumps & FlowValve
- New Technology Development of the Year - General / Products - Applied Control Equipment
- Oilfield Services Company of the Year - Fortis Energy Services, Inc.
- The Oil & Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - Over $1Bn - Whiting Petroleum Corporation
- The Oil & Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - Under $1Bn - Legacy Reserves, LP
- Themark Corporation E&P Company of the Year - EOG Resources
- Trucking Company of the Year - Presented by Kenworth - Cruz Energy Services
- VZ Environmental Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship - LT Environmental
- Water Management Company of the Year - Themark Corporation