Specialty Industry Supplier of the Year, Rocky Mountain 2013
Awarded to: Preferred Technology
Oil & Gas Awards Judges Comments
“Innovative alternative to phenolic resin coasted sand with improved performances and overall low cost. Reduces release of harmful chemicals to water.”
“Well organized transportation system benefits client. Cutting edge R&D technology. Active community involvement. Personal involvement with their services have demonstrated a very competent and customer orientated business.”
Preferred Technology – Corporate Overview
Preferred Technology, headquartered in Radnor, PA, is one of North America’s largest manufacturers and providers of frac sand for oil and natural gas companies in the hydraulic fracturing industry. Launched in 2007, Preferred Technology is the market’s only commercial manufacturer with an available green technology in resin-coated sand. With its innovative product development and reclamation projects, the company is not only committed to the protection of the environment but also the health and safety of the communities it serves.
With strategic plant locations in Arizona, Minnesota, Nebraska, Wisconsin and Canada, the company has core competencies in logistic transportation.
Preferred Technology has been named to Inc. 500’s prestigious annual list of “Fastest Growing Private Companies in America” (2013) and Deloitte Technology Fast 500™ (2013), as well as one of Pennsylvania’s “Best Places to Work.” The company’s innovative RCS product line has also been recognized by the Oil & Gas Awards as the “Environmental Initiative of the Year” for 2013. Additionally, CEO, Michael O’Neill, has been named Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year® in Energy, Cleantech and Natural Resources (2012) and SmartCEO Magazine’s CEO of the Year (2012).
Rocky Mountain 2013 Winners
- Award for Drilling Excellence - Precision Drilling
- Award for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility - Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship - Preferred Technology
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Operational - Express Energy Services
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Products - VZ Environmental
- Bulk Trucking Company of the Year - Gazelle Transportation, Inc.
- Construction Company of the Year - Loenbro
- E&P Company of the Year - Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Engineering Company of the Year - Halker Consulting
- General Industry Service Award - Target Logistics
- Heavy Haul Trucking Company of the Year - JD Field Services Inc.
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Marquis Alliance, a division of SECURE Energy Services
- Law Firm of the Year - Norton Rose Fulbright
- Manufacturer of the Year - KROHNE, Inc.
- New Technology Development of the Year - General/Products - Trican Well Service
- New Technology Development of the Year - Software Application - Enersight
- Oilfield Service Company of the Year - ENSERVCO Corporation
- Recruitment Agency of the Year - RTS CORP
- Specialty Industry Supplier of the Year - Preferred Technology
- The Bilfinger Westcon Midstream Company of the Year - Summit Midstream Partners, LP
- The Oil & Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - Under $1Billion - Kodiak Oil & Gas Corp.
- The Oil and Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - Over $1billion - Denbury Resources, Inc
- The Preferred Technology Award for Excellence in Well Completion - NCS Energy Services, LLC
- The Progressive Energy & Natural Resources Industry Leader - Blake Scott - Scott Environmental Services, Inc
- The Progressive Global Energy & Natural Resources Future Industry Leader - Jacob Eberhart - Canary, LLC
- Water Management Company of the Year - TETRA® Technologies, Inc.