Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship, Northeast 2018
Awarded to: BEG Group
“The product shows clear advantages when compared to the alternatives. I also like that BEG Group went out and got detailed, credible testimonials from significant companies.”
“From personal experience I know that both Bechtel & Jacobs are using the product and think very highly of it, which is also confirmed in the entry.”
BEG Group’s biobased/biopreferred erosion/filtration medium Big Switch™ is a flexible mesh sock filled with switchgrass that retains sediment and pollutants so cleaned water can flow through. Use it in place of silt fence, straw bale barrier, wood chip or mulch socks known for being detrimental to the environment.
Big Switch™ also:
• doesn’t require trenching or disturbing the soil surface
• is lightweight, so it’s ergonomic, easier to install and less expensive to ship
• has a wider contact surface area
• greatly reduces tannic acids, heavy metals and volatile organic compounds such as arsenic
• does not need to be removed – decomposes naturally
Big Switch™ is listed on the approved Best Management Practice list on Pa DEP’s website – Alternate E&S and PCSM BMP’s. Therefore, this product has been approved for use on PennDOT projects as a Pub 408, Section 106.02(a)2.c, Project Specific Locally Approved Material.
“We applaud BEG Group for earning the 100% USDA Certified Biobased Product label, contributing to an ever-expanding marketplace that adds value to renewable agriculture commodities and creates jobs in rural communities.” – Kate Lewis, USDA BioPreferred Program.
Big Switch™ is the 2017 national Environmental Protection Product of the Year award winner for groundwater and soil.
Northeast 2018 Winners
- Award for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility - Chevron
- Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship - BEG Group
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Deep Well Services
- Construction Company of the Year - Trumbull Energy Services
- Consultancy of the Year - ICF
- E&P Company of the Year - Antero Resources
- Eagle Pipe Midstream Company of the Year - Blue Racer Midstream
- Engineering Company of the Year - Pickering Associates
- General Industry Service Award - Tenaris
- Industry Leader - Alan Laurita - Hodgson Russ
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Equipment & Controls, Inc.
- Kerr Pumps & FlowValve Award for Excellence in Well Completion - U.S. Well Services
- Manufacturer of the Year - Environmental Tank & Container
- New Technology Development of the Year - EnerCorp Sand Solutions
- Oilfield Service Company of the Year - Renegade Services
- Trucking Company of the Year - Simplified Rail Logistics, A division of TII Logistics, Inc
- Water Management Company of the Year - HydroEdge Solutions