Award for Excellence in Health & Safety, Northeast 2017
Awarded to: Deep Well Services
“Incredible story, building a company with over 350 years combined management experience, expert snubbing hands and service rig personnel propel them to be being the 9th fastest growing privately owned company in Pennsylvania, expanding from 25 people to 150 people in a few years. What an exceptional and positive story in current times.”
Deep Well Services is a locally-owned oilfield services company specializing in completion and general site/pad well services in Appalachia. DWS utilizes innovation, advanced technology, and out-of-the-box solution oriented thinking to meet the changing needs of its clients while staying ahead of competition and keeping Safety as its first priority.
In the Oil & Gas industry, operators take responsibility not only for complex and expensive equipment but also hundreds of lives. That is why Deep Well Services invested in a high-tech computer simulator to ensure that all operators are trained for both routine operations and abnormal situations.
The Simulator mirrors the control panel present on all DWS snubbing units to give the most realistic feel possible. DWS is able to create any snubbing scenario, well pressure, tubing size / grade, Bottom Hole Assembly (BHA), and primary Blowout Preventer (BOP) stack configuration. This facilitates continuous training of incumbent staff and new hires and optimizes set up for upcoming jobs allowing operators to practice ahead of time in a safe environment before getting to the job site.
The simulator’s interactive instructor panel not only allows the ability to create a variety of compromised well control (blowout) situations for students, but also provides a means of training for those types of situations in a controlled environment. DWS’ highly customized Snubbing Simulator delivers the most realistic training experience, resulting in knowledgeable and confident operators who are able to complete a snubbing operation safely and in less time compared to our competitors.
Northeast 2017 Winners
- Award For Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility - Junior Achievement Foundation
- Award for Excellence in Drilling - Eclipse Resources
- Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship - Comtech Industries
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Deep Well Services
- Construction Company of the Year - Minnesota Limited
- Consultancy of the Year - AllStar Ecology, LLC
- E&P Company of the Year - EQT Coporation
- Engineering Company of the Year - Pickering Associates
- Future Industry Leader - Zhenhua Rui
- General Industry Service Award - Well Master Corporation
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Total Equipment Company
- Kerr Pumps & FlowVale Awards for Excellence in Well Completion - U.S. Well Services
- Law Firm of the Year - Blank Rome, LLP
- Lifetime Achievement Award - Lou D'Amico
- Manufacturer of the Year - Infinity Tool Manufacturing
- Midstream Company of the Year - MarkWest Energy Partners, L.P.
- New Technology Development of the Year - Fortis Energy Services, Inc.
- Oil & Gas Journal Transaction of the Year - Rice Energy
- Oilfield Service Company of the Year - McCutcheon Enterprises, Inc
- Water Management Company of the Year - Eureka Resources