VZ Environmental Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship, Northeast 2016
Awarded to: Eclipse Resources
“Eclipse Resources Corporation’s Monarch Butterfly Conservation Program installs self-sustaining butterfly gardens at all of its facilities and unconventional well sites to help restore critical butterfly habitat that has been lost to urban and agricultural land uses throughout its operating area. This enhanced conservation initiative, which extends beyond what would otherwise be required by state and federal rules, also provide an excellent community outreach opportunity for the company to educate area youth about a significant ecological issue.”
“Providing Monarch butterfly habitat on sites where oil and gas activities are on going is what I would consider an “above and beyond” activity for environmental stewardship. Community involvement is also beneficial in portraying oil & gas in a favorable light with respect to environmental stewardship.”
Eclipse Resources is an independent exploration and production company engage in the acquisition and development of oil and natural gas properties in the Appalachian Basin. The Company has assembled an acreage position of 222,000 net acres in Eastern Ohio, with approximately 101,000 net acres in what we believe to be the most prolific and economic areas of the Utica Shale fairway. In addition, approximately 27,000 of those net acres are also prospective for the Marcellus Shale. The company has been able to significantly grow production by approximately 163% year over year while reducing its operated well costs by over 22% of the same period. We have assembled a superior team and implemented
an organizational structure that emphasizes a systematic, process-driven approach to developing our asset base.
We believe the pursuit of excellence requires a commitment to sound environmental practices, the promotion of a safe work environment and corporate social responsibility. The Company lives this commitment each day through the implementation of best management practices that are utilized throughout the well development process and in every operation. Eclipse continues to build upon its solid, cooperative relationship within the communities in which it operates.
Northeast 2016 Winners
- Award for Drilling Excellence - Crescent Directional Drilling
- Award for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility - Hodgson Russ LLP
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Operational - Columbia Midstream
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Products - OmniCert
- Bilfinger Westcon Midstream Company of the Year - M3 Midstream LLC (“Momentum”)
- Columbia Midstream Future Industry Leader - Jared Oehring
- Construction Company of the Year - CIANBRO
- Consultancy of the Year - Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc.
- Engineering Company of the Year - Pickering Associates
- General Industry Service Award - PULS, Inc.
- Industry Leader - PennEnergy Resources, LLC - Richard Weber
- Industry Supplier of the Year - CDM Resource Management LLC
- Law Firm of the Year - Steptoe & Johnson PLLC
- Manufacturer of the Year - Command Energy
- New Technology Development of the Year - Product - Pixel Velocity®
- New Technology Development of the Year - Software - Sourcewater
- Oilfield Service Company of the Year - Fortis Energy Services
- Themark Corporation E&P Company of the Year - Antero Resources
- Trucking Company of the Year - Select Energy Services
- VZ Environmental Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship - Eclipse Resources
- Water Management Company of the Year - Rain for Rent