Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Operational, Northeast 2016
Awarded to: Columbia Midstream
“Impressive construction stats on the Hickory Bend facility considering scale of project.”
“CMG have received many safety awards and have also shown good corporate giving to the local community.”
Columbia Midstream is a premier infrastructure services provider throughout western Pennsylvania, eastern Ohio, and northeastern West Virginia. We specialize in the design, construction, and operation of pipeline facilities that transport and prepare natural gas for market.
As a subsidiary of Columbia Pipeline Group, we are proud to have a strong history in the Appalachian Basin – operating in the region for more than 100 years. During that time, we have built an extensive network of gathering systems and transmission lines, and have established ourselves as an integral part of the natural gas industry. We currently operate more than 2,300 miles of pipeline throughout Pennsylvania alone.
With this footprint in place, we offer production companies capacity on our existing systems and we also seek out partnerships in the development of new infrastructure. From pipelines to cryogenic processing facilities, we have the capabilities and experience to develop midstream projects of any type or size.
Building quality infrastructure and providing exceptional service has been our top priority for more than a century. Throughout all phases of design, construction, operations and maintenance, we are committed to protecting the environment and ensuring the safety of our employees and the community. We are proud of our work, and the impact that our transportation network is having on the region and the future of American energy.
In 2015, Columbia Midstream put two new pipelines into service. The first phase of the East Washington Gathering System, located in Washington County, was made available for service in October. An extension of the Big Pine Gathering System, which runs through Butler, Allegheny, Indiana and Westmoreland Counties was made available for service in September. Both projects were completed ahead of the producers’ expedited schedules.
Northeast 2016 Winners
- Award for Drilling Excellence - Crescent Directional Drilling
- Award for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility - Hodgson Russ LLP
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Operational - Columbia Midstream
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Products - OmniCert
- Bilfinger Westcon Midstream Company of the Year - M3 Midstream LLC (“Momentum”)
- Columbia Midstream Future Industry Leader - Jared Oehring
- Construction Company of the Year - CIANBRO
- Consultancy of the Year - Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc.
- Engineering Company of the Year - Pickering Associates
- General Industry Service Award - PULS, Inc.
- Industry Leader - PennEnergy Resources, LLC - Richard Weber
- Industry Supplier of the Year - CDM Resource Management LLC
- Law Firm of the Year - Steptoe & Johnson PLLC
- Manufacturer of the Year - Command Energy
- New Technology Development of the Year - Product - Pixel Velocity®
- New Technology Development of the Year - Software - Sourcewater
- Oilfield Service Company of the Year - Fortis Energy Services
- Themark Corporation E&P Company of the Year - Antero Resources
- Trucking Company of the Year - Select Energy Services
- VZ Environmental Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship - Eclipse Resources
- Water Management Company of the Year - Rain for Rent