Industry Leader, Northeast 2015
Awarded to: James E. Kriebel - Kriebel Companies
Jim Kriebel was born and raised in Clarion County, Pennsylvania. He learned the value of hard work in high school working for his father, Ed, one of the owners of C&K Coal Company. Jim learned to operate heavy equipment as an employee of the Coal Company.
Jim attended and graduated from the University of Miami with a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration. After graduation, he returned to Clarion. Jim and his father, Ed, started a gas company and acquired the Bruin Drilling Company from Carl (“Mousy”) Walker together with his leases, wells and equipment. Mousy Walker taught Jim the gas business from the derrick floor of his spudder. They worked together for 3 years drilling, completing and tending wells. From this beginning, Jim built the family business.
Jim and the Kriebel family have been involved in natural gas drilling and development in western Pennsylvania for 43 years. Today, Jim is president and chief executive officer of the Kriebel Companies and he, along with his brothers Gary and Greg and his son, Shane, have drilled, completed and operate over 1700 wells in western Pennsylvania.
Jim is an active participant in the natural gas industry. He serves on the Board of Directors and Executive Committee of the Pennsylvania Independent Oil & Gas Association, where he serves as Treasurer. Jim is also a member of the Society of Petroleum Engineers and the Independent Petroleum Association of America.
Jim is a leader in his local community. He serves on the Finance Committee for Clarion’s Church of God, is a member of the board of directors of the Clarion Community Foundation, and is also a member of the Clarion Hospital Authority.
Over the years, Jim has served on the Board of Directors and Executive Committee for National City Bank of Pennsylvania, Integra Bank and First Seneca Bank. He is also a past member of the Clarion University Foundation Board and has served on the Clarion County Economic Development Council and the Business Development Committee. Jim has also served as chairman of the Business Department for the Clarion area Church of God.
Jim has adopted a policy of encouraging his staff to be involved with industry and community boards and associations. His staff serves on various gas industry committees and boards, bank boards, and church committees. A staff member was recently appointed as a member of the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection’s Conventional Oil and Gas Advisory Committee.
In 2007, the Kriebel Companies received the Business Education Partnership Award from the Clarion Area Chamber of Business and Industry.
Jim and his wife, Penny, reside in Shippenville, Pennsylvania. They have two children and seven grandchildren.
Northeast 2015 Winners
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Operational - Bilfinger Westcon Inc.
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety - Products - TekSolv
- Award for Excellence in Well Completion - Packers Plus Energy Services, Inc.
- Bilfinger Westcon Midstream Company of the Year - Columbia Midstream Group
- Construction Company of the Year - BOND
- Consultancy of the Year - Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc.
- Eclipse Resources Award for Drilling Excellence - Baker Hughes
- Engineering Company of the Year - ARM Group
- Future Industry Leader Award - Lauren R. Parker - Civil Environmental Consultants, Inc
- General Industry Service Award - IPC Energy Services, LLC
- Industry Leader - James E. Kriebel - Kriebel Companies
- Industry Supplier of the Year - CASCO USA
- JC Fodale Award for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility - Dominion Resources
- Law Firm of the Year - Steptoe & Johnson PLLC
- Manufacturer of the Year - Worthington Industries
- New Technology Development Award - General/Products - U.S. Well Services, LLC
- New Technology Development of the Year - Software Application - Shalewater Solutions
- Oilfield Services Company of the Year - McCutcheon Enterprises, Inc
- Themark Corporation E&P Company of the Year - Eclipse Resources Corporation
- Trucking Company of the Year - Presented by Kenworth - Beemac Trucking
- VZ Environmental Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship - Range Resources
- Water Management Company of the Year - Keystone Clearwater Solutions