The Progressive Energy & Natural Resources Industry Leader, Northeast 2013
Awarded to: Dave Spigelmyer - Marcellus Shale Coalition
Oil & Gas Awards Judges Comments
“Developed specialized and much needed equipment packages to meet the needs of operators in north-eastern U.S.”
Dave Spigelmyer – Professional Overview
David J. Spigelmyer is currently the President and Executive director of the Pittsburgh, PA-based Marcellus Shale Coalition (MSC), the region’s largest shale development trade association.
David was instrumental in the MSC’s 2008 founding and has been involved in every facet of the organization’s initiatives and structure from the very beginning of this effort. He has served as the organization’s chairman, vice-chairman and as lead of its legislative committee, but most importantly, he has worked in the “trenches”. Since the MSC’s founding, Dave’s input and contributions have led to outstanding achievements in the areas of Regulatory Reform and Governmental Cooperation. His ongoing leadership roles have made an amazing difference to the value and reputation of his own company but to all those of the entire industry in this region. He has worked tirelessly on behalf of the MSC’s approximately 300 member companies with elected leaders, regulators and the civic community to advance responsible shale development and the overall enhancement of the region’s economy and environment.
Prior to taking on his current role, Dave’s long-term commitment to the industry was evident as he served as Vice President of Government Affairs for Chesapeake Energy Corporation’s Appalachia division, where he was responsible for government relations, regulatory policy, stakeholder engagement and communications efforts. Prior to Chesapeake, he served in similar roles at EQT Corporation and Dominion Resources and held other energy industry-related positions in New York State as well as in Washington, DC. During his tenure in all of these positions, Dave’s phenomenal leadership skills allowed those companies to advance their respective strategies and operational plans, but his open assistance to all of those inside and outside the industry set him apart from his peers.
Northeast 2013 Winners
- Award for Drilling Excellence - Baker Hughes
- Award for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility - Range Resources Corporation
- Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship - Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety Operational - Range Resources Corporation
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety Products - Cartasite
- Construction Company of the Year - Cenergy
- Consultancy of the Year - McTish, Kunkel & Associates
- E&P Company of the Year - Range Resources Corporation
- Engineering Company of the Year - Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc.
- General Industry Service Award - Resource Environmental Solutions
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Total Equipment Company
- Law Firm of the Year - Cara C. Davis
- Manufacturer of the Year - Worthington Industries
- New Technology Development of the Year - General/Products - HalenHardy, LLC
- Oilfield Service Company of the Year - Halliburton
- Recruitment Agency of the Year - Drill Baby Drill Staffing
- Specialty Industry Supplier of the Year - The National Lime and Stone Company
- The IPS Engineering / EPC Midstream Company of the Year - NiSource Midstream Services
- The Oil and Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - Eclipse Resources
- The Preferred Technology Award for Excellence in Well Completion - FTS International
- The Progressive Energy & Natural Resources Industry Leader - Dave Spigelmyer - Marcellus Shale Coalition
- The Progressive Global Energy & Natural Resources Future Industry Leader - Brandon Davis - URS
- Trucking Company of the Year - QC Energy Resources
- Water Management Company of the Year - Hydro Recovery LP