General Industry Service Award, Northeast 2013
Awarded to: Resource Environmental Solutions
Oil & Gas Awards Judges Comments
“RES is one of the few companies offering a practical solution to a very real problem, developing offsets for unavoidable project-related impacts.”
“Resource Environmental Solutions has proven and demonstrated that blighted sites can be made whole again and demonstrated industry’s commitment to protect the environment.”
Resource Environmental Solutions – Corporate Overview
RES is solely focused on developing and supplying ecological offsets for projects requiring permits for unavoidable impacts to the surface of the earth. RES is a supplier operating in Louisiana, Texas, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Ohio and has delivered solutions across 10 U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Districts and, in the process, interacted with 78 regulatory agencies.
Our efforts have resulted in 22,000 restored stream and wetland acres, 2,500 acres of custom mitigation solutions, 47 wetland and stream mitigation banks permitted or in process.
RES began to understand the enabling Pennsylvania regulatory environment in early 2011. At that time, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania was planning for an upcoming change to one of its programmatic permits for stream and wetland crossings. Wetland and stream mitigation banks were neither planned nor were they understood at the state level. Permitting backlogs for pipeline projects exceeded 300 days. Support from the federal permitting agencies and from clients that had utilized compensatory wetland and stream mitigation helped to bring multiple regulating parties up to speed.
In 2013, RES opened and staffed our office in Canonsburg, PA. RES now has the first and only commercial mitigation bank available to service permittees with an approved off-the-shelf mitigation solution.
Northeast 2013 Winners
- Award for Drilling Excellence - Baker Hughes
- Award for Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility - Range Resources Corporation
- Award for Excellence in Environmental Stewardship - Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety Operational - Range Resources Corporation
- Award for Excellence in Health & Safety Products - Cartasite
- Construction Company of the Year - Cenergy
- Consultancy of the Year - McTish, Kunkel & Associates
- E&P Company of the Year - Range Resources Corporation
- Engineering Company of the Year - Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc.
- General Industry Service Award - Resource Environmental Solutions
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Total Equipment Company
- Law Firm of the Year - Cara C. Davis
- Manufacturer of the Year - Worthington Industries
- New Technology Development of the Year - General/Products - HalenHardy, LLC
- Oilfield Service Company of the Year - Halliburton
- Recruitment Agency of the Year - Drill Baby Drill Staffing
- Specialty Industry Supplier of the Year - The National Lime and Stone Company
- The IPS Engineering / EPC Midstream Company of the Year - NiSource Midstream Services
- The Oil and Gas Financial Journal Transaction of the Year - Eclipse Resources
- The Preferred Technology Award for Excellence in Well Completion - FTS International
- The Progressive Energy & Natural Resources Industry Leader - Dave Spigelmyer - Marcellus Shale Coalition
- The Progressive Global Energy & Natural Resources Future Industry Leader - Brandon Davis - URS
- Trucking Company of the Year - QC Energy Resources
- Water Management Company of the Year - Hydro Recovery LP