Trucking Company of the Year, Northeast 2012
Awarded to: Schneider National
Schneider National, Inc., a premier provider of truckload, logistics and intermodal services, is one of only a handful of national carriers serving the fast-growing Energy Transportation Services business, supporting the movement of base materials to and from oil well sites across the U.S. The company’s 77 years of transportation know-how combined with expertise in specialty chemical bulk transport and supply chain management allowed Schneider to hit the ground running in this new segment.
Schneider hauled its first energy-related load in June of 2011 after making a significant investment in a fleet of specialty tractors and trailers (pneumatic bulk trailers and liquid tankers) needed to serve energy exploration sites. While most local and regional carriers serving the market are focusing on moving materials either into or out of well sites, Schneider provides both inbound and outbound services.
The company excels at keeping well sites supplied with sand, cement and chemicals as well as moving condensate (natural gas) and crude oil to market. There’s no doubt Schneider’s commitment to safety and its proven expertise in transportation and logistics make it uniquely qualified to deliver the confidence oil producers need to be successful. In fact, Schneider is the only liquid bulk carrier to be both ISO-9001 certified and recognized as a Responsible Care Partner by the American Chemical Council.
Schneider’s Energy Transportation Services business has also grown quickly; in addition to handling both dry and liquid bulk shipments, the company also provides supply chain management services for a major energy producer. The current energy business in the U.S. is centered in Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Pennsylvania, Ohio and North Dakota. Currently, Schneider National is serving customers in all of these markets.
For more information on Schneider’s Energy Transportation Services contact Joe Morrissey at [email protected] or visit www.schneider.com.
Northeast 2012 Winners
- Construction Company of the Year - West Penn Energy Services
- Consultancy of the Year - ARM Group
- Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative of the Year - Chesapeake Energy Corporation
- Drilling & Well Services Company of the Year - McCutcheon Enterprises, Inc
- E&P Company of the Year - Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation
- Engineering Company of the Year - Thrasher Engineering, Inc
- Environmental Initiative of the Year - Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Future Industry Leader - Chad Gorman, CEO - GasSearch Drilling Services
- Health & Safety Initiative of the Year - Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Industry Leader - Tom Lopus
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Total Equipment Company
- Insurance Provider of the Year - Aon Corporation
- Law Firm of the Year - K&L Gates LLP
- Manufacturer of the Year - Forum Energy Technologies
- Midstream Company of the Year - Williams
- Recruitment Agency of the Year - Drill Baby Drill Staffing
- Transaction of the Year - Williams
- Trucking Company of the Year - Schneider National
- Water Management Company of the Year - Tetra Technologies, Inc