Industry Supplier of the Year, Northeast 2012
Awarded to: Total Equipment Company
Total Equipment Company was established in 1982 as an industrial pump and compressor supplier. Our heritage was based in the steel manufacturing industry. As the steel industry went through a stressful period, TEC developed a long range plan to diversify into other industries. That charted the course for TEC to investigate and respond to the energy and the municipal waste water treatment industries. What we learned we applied to the needs of the industrial waste water treatment industry. Both of these new industries prepared TEC for the next wave of opportunities: Natural gas.
Our core competency of pumps and compressors is at the heart of the natural gas industry. This included stationary and diesel engine driven water pumps for the water supply to the drilling and completions operations. We even added a large rental fleet of Gorman Rupp diesel pumps.
The flow back and produced water associated created new opportunities for the waste water treatment area of the gas industry. TEC has been successful in supplying equipment for these needs as well. When water treatment was passed over for disposal into injection wells, TEC has the right product there as well.
As the mid stream infrastructure is built, TEC has benefited as well. Gas processing facilities use many NGL pumps and instrument air compressors supplied by TEC. In order to become a supplier to these locations we had to learn new business requirements including getting on ISNet and establishing MSA’s (Master Service Agreements). TEC has been successful in packaging instrument air systems in new ways (on skids and in containers) to meet the industry needs.
Total Equipment is the region’s largest service provider for pumps and compressors. Our large service department and in house machine shop equip us to respond quickly. In addition our technical services (laser alignment, balancing, field flow testing) lead the market in capabilities.
Northeast 2012 Winners
- Construction Company of the Year - West Penn Energy Services
- Consultancy of the Year - ARM Group
- Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative of the Year - Chesapeake Energy Corporation
- Drilling & Well Services Company of the Year - McCutcheon Enterprises, Inc
- E&P Company of the Year - Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation
- Engineering Company of the Year - Thrasher Engineering, Inc
- Environmental Initiative of the Year - Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Future Industry Leader - Chad Gorman, CEO - GasSearch Drilling Services
- Health & Safety Initiative of the Year - Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Industry Leader - Tom Lopus
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Total Equipment Company
- Insurance Provider of the Year - Aon Corporation
- Law Firm of the Year - K&L Gates LLP
- Manufacturer of the Year - Forum Energy Technologies
- Midstream Company of the Year - Williams
- Recruitment Agency of the Year - Drill Baby Drill Staffing
- Transaction of the Year - Williams
- Trucking Company of the Year - Schneider National
- Water Management Company of the Year - Tetra Technologies, Inc