Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative of the Year, Northeast 2012
Awarded to: Chesapeake Energy Corporation
Chesapeake Energy Corporation is the second-largest producer of natural gas, the 11th largest producer of oil and natural gas liquids and the most active driller of new wells in the U.S.
Headquartered in Oklahoma City, the company’s operations focus on discovering and developing unconventional natural gas and oil fields onshore in the U.S. Through strong leadership, investment in technology and the industry’s best record of unconventional exploration success, Chesapeake has captured America’s largest natural gas and liquids resource base.
Today the company is developing the “core of the core” in 10 leading plays. Chesapeake owns #1 or #2 positions in the Eagle Ford, Utica, Granite Wash, Cleveland, Tonkawa, Mississippi Lime and Niobrara unconventional liquids plays and in the Marcellus, Haynesville/Bossier and Barnett unconventional natural gas shale plays. Near-term, Chesapeake plans to focus nearly 100 percent of its production growth on liquids, and the company has one of the best liquids growth stories in the industry.
The company owns substantial marketing and oilfield services businesses through its affiliates Chesapeake Energy Marketing, Inc. and Chesapeake Oilfield Services, L.L.C., is the largest U.S. 3D seismic owner and has the industry’s only proprietary Reservoir Technology Center.
Northeast 2012 Winners
- Construction Company of the Year - West Penn Energy Services
- Consultancy of the Year - ARM Group
- Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative of the Year - Chesapeake Energy Corporation
- Drilling & Well Services Company of the Year - McCutcheon Enterprises, Inc
- E&P Company of the Year - Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation
- Engineering Company of the Year - Thrasher Engineering, Inc
- Environmental Initiative of the Year - Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Future Industry Leader - Chad Gorman, CEO - GasSearch Drilling Services
- Health & Safety Initiative of the Year - Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Industry Leader - Tom Lopus
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Total Equipment Company
- Insurance Provider of the Year - Aon Corporation
- Law Firm of the Year - K&L Gates LLP
- Manufacturer of the Year - Forum Energy Technologies
- Midstream Company of the Year - Williams
- Recruitment Agency of the Year - Drill Baby Drill Staffing
- Transaction of the Year - Williams
- Trucking Company of the Year - Schneider National
- Water Management Company of the Year - Tetra Technologies, Inc