Construction Company of the Year, Northeast 2012
Awarded to: West Penn Energy Services
West Penn Energy Services, LLC (WPES) and its affiliates have been providing energy services to the oil and gas industry in the Appalachian Basin for over twenty years. WPES offers a wide range of services including pipeline construction, compressor installation and facilities construction, welding/fabrication, frac tank rentals, roustabout, and rig moving/heavy hauling.
With an eye on the future, WPES owner Michael J. Zentz recognized the great potential of oil and gas exploration in the Appalachian Basin. Mr. Zentz, an oil and gas industry veteran realized the potential of shale gas in Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia could very well turn out to be a field of dreams for the region, and a supplier of natural gas to the nation for decades to come. Because of his vision, WPES positioned itself to become one of the leading providers of oilfield services to the basin.
As an industry leader, WPES recognizes its duty and responsibility to protecting the health and safety of its employees, customers, contractors and communities in which we work. To that end, WPES maintains a comprehensive and industry specific Safety and Health Program. WPES is also deeply committed to protecting the environment while assisting its customers explore for shale gas. With the dedication of senior management and the support of all WPES employees, the company seeks to achieve an incident and injury free work environment.
West Penn Energy Services, LLC is an oilfield services company with its roots in the past and its sights on the future.
Northeast 2012 Winners
- Construction Company of the Year - West Penn Energy Services
- Consultancy of the Year - ARM Group
- Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative of the Year - Chesapeake Energy Corporation
- Drilling & Well Services Company of the Year - McCutcheon Enterprises, Inc
- E&P Company of the Year - Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation
- Engineering Company of the Year - Thrasher Engineering, Inc
- Environmental Initiative of the Year - Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Future Industry Leader - Chad Gorman, CEO - GasSearch Drilling Services
- Health & Safety Initiative of the Year - Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Industry Leader - Tom Lopus
- Industry Supplier of the Year - Total Equipment Company
- Insurance Provider of the Year - Aon Corporation
- Law Firm of the Year - K&L Gates LLP
- Manufacturer of the Year - Forum Energy Technologies
- Midstream Company of the Year - Williams
- Recruitment Agency of the Year - Drill Baby Drill Staffing
- Transaction of the Year - Williams
- Trucking Company of the Year - Schneider National
- Water Management Company of the Year - Tetra Technologies, Inc